⠀ ⠀ ⠀xxv. sunday - part one⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀february 23

It was a chilly Sunday afternoon, and Ashley was off and about walking through town, a slight smile etched upon her face as she wound herself through the many bodies of others around her. She was meeting Matt at the Starbucks downtown, and she was trying to make it there as quick as possible. She was already running a few minutes late, and she didn't want to make him wait any longer than he should have to.

       She continued walking down the streets of Omaha for a few more minutes before soon spotting the dark building. She quickly began to pick up her pace. Since there had been so much on her mind lately, she was excited to see Matt again. Especially now that it would be just them alone, they could really catch up, one on one.

       As she edged closer to the door, she reached for it and quickly swung it open, catching the attention of many other customers inside. Her cheeks began to taint with redness out of embarrassment as people were gazing at her. But almost instantly she didn't care about the stares she was getting as soon as she spotted Matt's familiar face, sitting in the left corner of the shop, playing on his phone.

       She made her way towards him with a smile on her face. When she got to the table that he was quietly sitting at, she slightly cleared her throat. "Hi Matt," She said, slowly catching her breath.

       Matt looked up and smiled, "Hey, I almost thought you weren't going to come."

       Ashley shook her head as she sat down across from him. "I wouldn't blow you off, I just took a little longer getting ready than I thought." She said.

        "Okay, It's okay." Matt beamed.

        For a few moments they just sat in silence staring at eachother, listening to the sounds of the busy people around them. Neither of them aware of what to talk about first.

       "So," Matt breathed out, "How have you been?"

       Ashley shrugged, her shoulders quickly and effortlessly raising for a moment before slumping back to their normal position. "I don't know.. I guess things have been a little hectic. I'm not really sure what to do with myself anymore."

       She paused for a minute, thinking of how to piece her words together in a more, elegant, and mannered way. "I mean, that sounds a little pathetic, I know. But I just miss how things used to be."

       "We all do." Matt said, reaching for Ashley's hand and gently squeezing it.

       "It sucks."

       "I know. We all hate it. But hey- at least we all got to hangout again right? I know every one else enjoyed it." Matt smiled.

       "Yea," Ashley beamed, "It was the most fun I've had in a while. I love you guys."

       "I know." Matt smirked, pulling his hand away from hers. "Do you want to do that again soon?"

      Ashley squealed, "Of course I do!" I've been dying to ask you guys when he wouldn't be around so we could do that again. I liked it."

       "Actually Jack hasn't been around the house at all in a few days-"

       Before Matt could continue, he was cut off by someone clearing their throats from behind Ashley, stopping their conversation midway.

       Matt eyes instantly darted to area came from, and they widened. He lightly tugged in the hem of his shirt and groaned. "Fuck fuck fuck."

       Ashley, curious, quickly followed Matts actions and instantly paused as soon as she set eyes on who interrupted them. She couldn't believe it. Her mind began to swarm and she couldn't think straight. The only thing she knew was that she instantly and solemnly regretted once again leaving the barricade of her quiet home, and began to panick.