Bruised Knees

(A/n word count was 666 words hahhhaaaa im going to hell :)))

Night night, Daddy."

---

The words rang through Namjoon's otherwise empty brain.

Jimin had just called him Daddy.

True the boy was mostly unconscious, so he probably didn't notice his own little slip up but why did he call Namjoon that?

Namjoon thought to himself as he looked down to Jimin's sleeping face. The boy was so fragile in his arms, so naive. Why would he call the elder that? Namjoon just couldn't wrap his head around it.

But also what the elder couldn't understand is why that certain word coming from Jimin's mouth gave him a sense of pride to the entitlement. It made his chest warm with affection and he barely even knew the smaller. He didn't realise that while he was having his internal conflict that he had subconsciously snuggled Jimin closer to him as if he was trying to become combined with him. He looked down again to the younger's soft sleeping expression and smiled despite himself.

---

Jimin nodded awake, the light once more shining in through his window showing that it was morning already, as he noticed the side of his face was laid against an unfamiliar fabric that was not his blankets, and looked up.

He saw Namjoon's face just above him and nearly gasped. He'd forgotten that the larger man had told him he'd stay, and then Jimin blushed, did Namjoon reallylet him sleep on his lap?

The younger moved back slightly and slowly, trying not to disturb the sleeping elder, and made his way off the bed. He tippy-toed towards the bathroom, ready to change his clothes, until...he stepped weird, his ankle twisting and proceed to flop face first into his floor. 

Jimin let out a small cry as he hit the floor, most of the pressure going to his knees first but his ankle being oddly fine, and he knew there'd be bruises on them in a bit.

In the midst of Jimin's pain, he heard a tired groan come from his bed.

"Jimin?" Came the sleep groggy voice.

And then a slightly more panicked 'Jimin?' sounded out as Namjoon noticed the small boy was on the floor.

"Shit!" Namjoon whisper-yelled, clambering off the bed and down to Jimin, "Are you okay, Minnie?"

More out of embarrassment rather than pain, Jimin felt the tears well to his eyes as he began sniffling.

"Minnie?" Namjoon asked in a softer tone, pulling the younger off of the floor and pulling him against his chest, "Minnie, you have to talk to me, baby. Are you hurt anywhere?"

Jimin sniffled some more, burying his face into Namjoon's neck and nodding.

The elder ran his fingers through Jimin's soft hair, attempting to calm him down, "Where are you hurt, baby?"

"Kn-Knees." He pouted into Namjoon's neck.

"Here, let's have a look, Minnie." Namjoon grabbed the smaller and stood up.

Jimin immediately latched onto him out of pure shock, wrapping his arms and legs around him as best as he could, until Namjoon sat him down on his bed and got down in front of him.

The elder gently grabbed one of Jimin's leg and lifted it up, he ran a finger over the reddened skin and heard Jimin whimper, his leg jerking a little in response. 

"I'm sorry, baby. I know it hurts." Namjoon glaced up at him sympathetically.

Jimin looked down at him, his bottom lip trembling.

Namjoon had the sudden strangest urge to kiss it but instead, he pulled Jimin's legs up one by one and placed a soft kiss on each knee.

"There." He said, "Now they'll get better. So, you don't have to cry, Minnie."

The look Jimin gives him is so pure that Namjoon wants to coo. The younger's eyes are shiny with tears but full of trust and maybe even a hint of adoration for the older man, it reminds him of last night.

---

"Jimin," Namjoon starts off, his hands still placed on the smaller boy's thighs, "I think we need to talk."