Chapter 5: Drunken Thoughts, Pillow Talk

It was 11 PM, after the talk he had with Luke and Ashton two days ago, it made him sad, it made him anxious, and it made him think. What did he really want?

So there he sat, at the bar, alone, watching drunk people take over the dancefloor. The alcohol wasn't hitting him. And he was frustrated. Right when he needed to forget, he was remembering. He didn't care if someone saw him, and saw him drinking alcohol like it was water.

His phone buzzed by the bar. He hit decline and turned it off. He had been getting at least 4 calls from his sister this night. He didn't want to talk. Not to his sister, not to his bandmates, not to anyone. "Relationship problems?" He turned around to see the bartender wiping down a counter, glancing at him.

He propped himself as he faces the bartender, "Guess you could say that." Calum says. "So who cheated?" The bartender asks, putting away the towel. Calum raised an eyebrow at him, but also, he was surprised. "How do you know?" He asks.

"The drinks. Most of the people who tell their stories order that drink." The bartender motions to the unfinished drink in his hand. Calum looks at down at the liquid, "Love sucks, man." Those were the only words that came out of his mouth, out of all the words he wanted to say, he wanted to shout out, those three words were the ones that left his lips.

"It does. But you know what sucks even more?" The bartender agrees as Calum looks at him, asking for the answer right away. "Not even trying to love at all." He says. "You see, once you fall in love, nothing you once knew, nothing you once looked for, matters anymore. Because suddenly, they're all you need. The things you didn't know you needed, will suddenly appear." The bartender continues.

Calum furrows his eyebrows, "How do you know if it's not love?"

The bartneder chuckles, "Love is love. You can't fake that. I think what you're asking is if what if you're not in love? There's a huge difference." Calum stays quiet, pondering on what this stranger said to him. What if he wasn't really in love with Bailey? Maybe he only loved her because she was there when he needed someone to hold, when he needed someone to share his thoughts.

"Well, my shift is over. You think about what you really want. Seems to me you're conflicted about what you want. See ya around." The bartender slips on his coat as he leaves the bar, leaving Calum to ponder even more.

After what he drank of what it seems a whole sea of tequila, he was now tipsy. The bass became loud as the voices tuned out. He could hear his thoughts loudly, and it was bothering him. So absentmindedly, he dragged himself out of the bar and started to feel a wave of nausea over him.

He turns to an alley, and that's where nausea reached its point. Calum had puked. And that didn't make him feel better at all. He sighs, wiping the corner of his mouth with his sleeve. Leaning against the brick wall.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" Calum whispers to himself as he walked to his car and drove to somewhere unknown to him. It seemed like his fingers had a mind of its own as his mind was floating somewhere else. As if his fingers and eyes were having some kind of agreement but his brain was excluded from it.

He pulls up at a familiar building. The same building he had been restraining to go to for the past days.

Meanwhile, Elena was ready to head off to sleep after finishing a movie. When a buzz rang inside her ears. Meaning there was someone there for her. She walks out of he room cautiously, gripping a flower vase she randomly grabbed from her bedside.

Her right hand grabbed the doorknob as she turns it, holding up the glass vase, ready to attack. But lowers it as she came face to face with someone she had been avoiding. "Calum? Why are you here?"