Chapter 3

Ember

Ray squealed and clapped her hands together, bouncing and she led me by my hand into a hall. Inside were at least 120 contestants all eyeing each other up. The males were separated from the females and the hall was divided into two by a heavy glass wall to stop the females scent lead to the males. The glass wall looked strong enough however a cry of 'Mate!' proved me wrong.

We all swung our heads around to a petite blonde girl, and followed her eyes to a male right across her. The male was staring intently back and growled a warning at the others to stay back from his new-found mate. I smiled. At least some lucky ass people found their soulmates. The girl had pretty dirty blonde hair and sparkling puppy dog brown eyes and her smile widened as both figures approached the glass. The male was shirtless, revealing his toned abs and he put a strong hand on the glass to try and touch the female. It was a touching moment. Too bad it only lasted a few seconds.

"WHAT IS HOLDING US UP?" A bellowing roar ran through the hall. I cowered back and accidently stood on the feet on the girl behind me.

"Sorry!" I whispered apologetically but the girl had other plans. She shrieked in 'pain' and flung herself onto another girl who desperately tried to hold her weight but was failing miserably.

"My toe!" She yelled, "My poor toe! I think it's broken!"

I rolled my eyes and tried to help her up. If we weren't in a hall with loads of people watching I would've slapped her face hard. I can't bear drama queens. Especially bitchy blonde drama queens. The blondey straightened herself up and she looked around before focusing on me. By now everyone was watching the curious scene, wondering what the actual hell was going on.

"YOU." She snarled, taking a big step towards me. I don't budge. Ah. So she thinks she has the authority to assume she can dominate me. Well you're wrong bitch.

"You lil' bitch! YOU BROKE MY TOE!" She screaming and went for my face. I ducked and grabbed her arm and pulled it behind her back and twisted it. She yelled in agony.

"Ever think you're the boss I'll break your arm." I snarled in her ear and released her. She didn't resist and dropped to the floor in a mess, her blonde hair a mop.

I breathed heavily and I realized that every single pair of eyes were on me. Shit. A few of the males were smirking and I could tell by their thoughts they wished I were their mate. Some girls judged me and checked me out, making some bullet points in their mind on reasons to dislike me, and some looked in awe. The most shocked person was Alpha Chase himself. I daren't look him in the eye. He will think I am challenging him.

He rose from his seat, and started to walk down the steps towards me, the crowd of girls parting for him. Everyone was deathly silent. No one dared to make as much as a breath.

Alpha Chase took slow painful steps. Each one agonizingly slower than the one before. He was taking his sweet ass time.

I looked down, showing him I submitted. Was I though? I was mad enough and angry enough to think I could pull away from his tight-gravity of dominance. Alpha Chase was right in front of me now, and I could hear his heavy breaths.

"What is your name?" He demanded.

"Ember." I replied, my voice strong. This little Alpha ain't going to make me scared.

"Ember..?"

"Ember Harris."

"What is your pack name, Ember Harris?" I don't like how he was mocking my name. No one mocks a member of the SilverMoon pack and gets away with it. My blood boiled as I felt him judge me hard. I managed to control my fieriness without letting it unleash.

"The SilverMoon Pack, Alpha."

"I see." He said, and once again the hall was left in uncomfortable silence. He was thinking what to do with me. He knows I'm not scared of him. Damn right I'm not scared of him. At the ripe old age of 63 he couldn't kill with his own hands as he used to.

"Well, Ember Harris, I shall be watching you in The Hunt." He stated after a long period of silence.

I nodded as a response.

He started walking back to his seat.

"Wait! Why isn't she getting punished, Alpha?" An annoying voice piped up. There was no need to turn around. It belonged to the lil bitch. I groaned inwardly.

There was silence as the Alpha slowly turned. Wow so much motherfucking god damn silence.

"Because she is acting more mature than you." He said coolly and carried on walking. The hall disrupted into peals of laughter, all pissing themselves at the now-red blondey.

"Damn she just got owned." The males kept yelling.

"Wow what a slag." The girls beside me aimed their comments at her, and started paying attention to me. "Nice moves by the way, Ember."

"He got you good, Bella." Her friend laughed.

Oh, so the bitch has a name. Bella. Well Bella my ass you're now the new laughing stock, enjoy your long stay.