#0 -- Aftermath

The job was simple. Transport a powerless Sinestro from Point A to Point B. The Green Lantern Corps – Hal Jordan in particular... they were overqualified. Of course, not everything went according to plan when a strike force of Sinestro Corpsmen came to rescue their fallen leader.

Battle had broken out. Green against Yellow. Lives were lost. But it had only even started – everything went downhill when the eons-old blood magus and alien warlord known as Atrocitus revealed his own hidden army and ambushed the two warring Corps.

The power of the Red Ring was unprecedented. Rage turned out to be the most lethal of the emotions, perhaps unsurprisingly so, and fueled by Atros's blood magic, even the mindless Red Lantern Corps managed to butcher their opposition until the Blue Corps intervened in the largest inter-color war to date.

Corpsmen on all sides fell, but when the dust settled, Sinestro escaped, and Atrocitus had made his new Corps known to the galaxy. Only one soldier was lost to the reds that day – a former Green Lantern by the name of Laira.

However, nobody at the time, not even Atros himself, fully understood the regenerative powers of the Red Ring....

Failing to locate the Butcher, Atrocitus eventually returned his aimless, barbaric Corps to the desolate planet of Ysmault, dissatisfied with their performance. The rage was clouding their minds, making them powerful but without worth as an army. Unorganized.

Fortunately, this planet, the home of the Red Power Battery and former homeplace of the four deceased Inversions, held a solution to this problem. A dangerous and painful solution that could focus the rage of his Corps, bring their minds back at the cost of their freedom.

The Blood Ocean.