T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Brooklyn's POV

"Brooklyn.. do you remember when I told you about how your father died?" She hesitantly asked. It was a sore subject for my mother - since I now know about mates, it's safe to say that they were mates.

"Yeah, he died because he was assassinated by someone." I answered, confused as to why she mentioned him now.

"Well.. that's only part of the story. You see, your father was assassinated, but he died in the hands of your uncle. Your uncle.. Craig, is an infamous rouge, promise me that you'll never go near him or even speak to him. He's a dangerous man, Brooklyn."

My heartbeat increased. "S-sure I guess.. But I don't even know him or what he looks like."

"Brooklyn, I'm not kidding. Do you realise what'll happen if he captures you?" She asked, looking at me dead in the eye.

"What is he going to do?"

She looked at me in realisation, her eyes widening slightly, as if she said too much.

"Just don't."

• • •

After that awkward conversation with my mother, I decided to go back home and do what ever.

I sat on the kitchen counter, munching on the fruit salad I made, swinging my legs back and forth, watching Daxton and Amelia bicker on and on about which superhero is better.

"Shuddup! Superman is so much better than Batman!" Daxton yelled out.

"Who'd like some man wearing a skin tight rubber costume and pants on full display?! That's just weird!" Ame remarked, outraged at how someone could like Superman.

"At least he doesn't wear a bat slash cat mask and fly around in his bat-mobile. Pfft. What an original name." He retorted back.

"Then there's only one way to settle this." She said, looking at me. I raised my eyebrows. "Brooklyn, dear, who's the better superhero?" She asked in her oh-so-sweet tone.

I gulped and looked from Daxton to Ame to Daxton again and answered with, "Uhh.. Spider-Man?" Which came out more like a question, rather than an answer.

"Ugh! You are unbelievable!" Ame screamed out, crashing on the couch.

I smiled sheepishly at them and hopped off the kitchen counter, cleaning my plate and walked to whatever direction.

As I was walking, I bumped into someone, by the sparks, I knew it was Dimitri.

I looked up and cringed at the proximity between us.

"H-hey, Dimitri! What are you doing h-here?" I asked, of course, stuttering out.

He chuckled and said, "I was looking for you.."

"O-oh.." I answered, not knowing what to say.

"Go on a date with me." He said, out of the blue.

My eyes widened at this. "W-what? Now?" I asked.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked down, then back at me, his eyes turning a lighter hazel colour. "Go on a date with me, today. Dress casual and I'll be down at 7." Was all he said before he turned around and walked away.

Great.

• • •

"To be honest, I thought he never asked. He finally had the balls to." Ame said, chewing on her curly fries.

"I know right! We're so going to doll you up!" Becca answered back.

I sighed and stuffed my face on the nearest pillow, hoping that they could just get it over and done with.

• • •

After many attempts at finding the 'perfect' outfit for Dimitri and I's first date, they decided on an off the shoulders, red and white striped top with black denim jeans and red converse.

By dolling me up, I thought they meant just dressing me up.. but then came the makeup.

"Nu-Uh I'm not wearing that." I answered, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Come on! Just for this once!" Ame screamed out.

"Nope."

"Ok fine how about we try on one side and then you'll tell us if you like it or not." She asked holding the monster of all monsters.

"I-I, ok fine! But I swear if you poke my eye out, I will do so much more than scoop yours out." I warned.

She chuckled and inched the eye liner closer to me. I grew nervous.

Thankfully, after a few agonising minutes, she finished my makeup. I somehow agreed for her to do my eye liner on both eyes. Don't ask me how - it was because of her weird persuasion skills.

I looked at the mirror and inwardly gasped.

There, standing in front of me, was not Brooklyn. At all. This was practically an angel. A gorgeous one. Her hair was curled to perfection, and her makeup was 'on point'. Her clothes were casual - not too fancy, not too baggy.

"Careful, you might catch flies with that mouth." Becca giggled out, making Ame join in almost immediately.

"I- Thank you.." I answered, not knowing what to say.

"Nonsense! Now, shoo! Go down there, it's almost seven. Alpha is going to have a hard time keeping his hands off you when he sees you." Becca replied, winking at me.

My heartbeat increased as they pushed me out of the room and towards the stairs. I walked down the stairs and I found Dimitri standing up, waiting for me to come down. He was wearing a tight white shirt, with some casual jeans. To say the least, he looked hot. Oh, and don't let me get started on the hair. It was combed neatly and bits of his hair fell on his eyes.

He sniffed the air and spotted me. His eyes raking over my figure, as his eyes darkened and his nose flared. As I went down, he was already standing at the bottom of the staircase.

"You look.. ravishing." He said, huskily. I gulped out, "Y-you don't look so bad yourself, mister."

He groaned, closed his eyes and answered with, "Say that again."

My eyes widened as they trailed down to his.. part.

Oh sh*t..

"Let's go!" I said, rushing towards the door, Dimitri chuckling sexily, trailing behind me.