#Five

Ghost wasn't even sure she really woke up that morning. She showered and dressed and went through her routine like a robot, eating half a sandwich, lifelessly. Guilt turned her stomach and she was more than happy to sit lifelessly beside Hailey and Rowan with her arms crossed over her knees after a painfully slow school day. As she let her form thump against the cold bleachers, the dark haired Rowan stated dully:

"I got tagged in another private video."

Hailey, who was playing the straw of her morning coffee, perked up and asked, "Have you watched it yet?"

Between them, she shook her head and lifted the phone to all of their views, her thumb trembling before she pressed the view button. The cover slid across to a video of Elisia taped to an office chair, her hair falling into her gaze and red splotches along her cheeks. Her legs were bound and she thrashed helplessly, crying out and making Ghost feel even guiltier for wanting Ash. Her hands shook as she thought about how she had touched him the night before, while Elisia was by herself, terrified.

"Oh my God," Hailey whimpered, "We have to – we have to tell someone."

"We can't, remember?" Rowan spoke, her voice wavering.

"I'll get my friend to take us to the building," Ghost shook her head, "We can't wait any longer. It's the same place as the teddy bear."

"Okay," Rowan agreed and scooped up her bag, "Do you know where he is?"

"Yeah," Ghost nodded, but before she could rise, Rowan received another video, "Monkey Man?" She nodded and Ghost pursed her lips, "Watch it."

Pictured in a video was Rowan's sister being hauled away. Rehab. Round two. The caption was a hint to Ghost of her drug problem and she felt for the younger of the sisters, who looked mortified. Taking responsibility, Rowan admitted that it was her that had told on her elder sibling, which Ghost could tell was eating at her. Hazarding a gesture that betrayed her typically detached state, Ghost took her hand gently and Rowan cracked a small smile in gratitude.

Hailey, on the other hand was disbelieving and sharp, "You ratted her out?"

Before Rowan could reply, Ghost stood and bit down on her lip, "You did the right thing, Rowan."

Rowan nodded while Hailey looked at the girl incredulously. The former of the pair spoke, "Besides, she was gonna tell my dad about Monkey Man and I couldn't let that happen."

Nodding, the two ex-friends followed their new accomplice down the bleachers. She had a feeling that after they found Elisia, if they found her, she wouldn't feel up to doing anything. There was no telling what Monkey Man might do to the girl as they neared him and as the three climbed into Hailey's car, Ghost played carelessly with the wheels of her skateboard. They turned towards the grotto and Rowan started to get a strange feeling about this friend of Ghost's – it was no shock that she didn't know the girl's former reputation.