Forgotten

Ace looked at his father-figure with a longing look, "I don't know Pops." He sighed, "How can I make sure that she'll be safe?" He sighed once more before, "Ace. You and this lass have been through thick and thin. She's strong-"

"But Pops...this time it's worse. When she wakes up she could forget about me. Our four years of being together, my decision....that could all be gone."

"The lass will be ok-"

"How are you sure?"

Newgate sighed, "I never am. I just hope for the best. Talk to her. It might seem pointless but you might be the only thing that can bring her back now." He pat Ace's shoulder before leaving the room.

"(Y/N)..I'm sorry. This is all my fault..."

Flashback

You both were exiting the parking spaces with Ace driving his old Jeep, "So.."

"Yeah Ace?"

"We've been together for four years now. and I think it's finally time I do something serious that can affect both of us.."

"Where..is this going, exactly?"

"You always told me about how your parents died in that Marine invasion when you were 9." He began, "Carry on.." I urged as he stopped at the stoplight to look at me, "So I've decided to sign up for the military to fight in the war against the marines" I gasped, "Ace! You can't be serious! You could be killed! Not to mention I won't be able to see you for months, or perhaps years!-"

"I know." He smiled facing me, "that's why I'm asking you to marry me. Right before I leave, as a promise I'll be with you no matter what." His hand brushed against my cheek, "....Your hands smell like McDonald's Fries."

"(Y/N)! Way to ruin the moment!" Ace whined, crossing his arms, stepping on the gas pedal as I bursted out laughing, before my eyes widened as they focused back on the road.

"WATCH OUT FOR THAT TRUCK!"

BEEEEEEEP!

SCREECH!

"(Y/N)!"

Flashback Ends

"It's been a month since the accident..I hope you'll remember me when I'm back." He gloomily whispered, giving a goodbye-kiss to your bandage covered head before leaving a letter at the counter, completely unaware of the stranger overhearing everything outside.

-9 months later-

A pink-haired police officer knocked on your door, "(Y/N) (L/N)?", a woman who in her early twenties with (H/C) hair and deep (E/C) eyes opened the door, "um..may I help you officer?"

"I'd like to inform you that your husband has safely crosses the border back from the war. We thank your husband for his services. He did get a nasty injury but that would probably be nothing but a scar once he arrives today."

"That's..That's Impossible."

"I'm afraid so Miss. Again, I'd like to thank your husband personally for his services. Do you mind me waiting?" He asked adjusting the glasses perched on his forehead along the floral bandana. "That's...impossible." She said once again, the police officer looked confused, his eyes urging her to continue,

"Because he's in the kitchen preparing dinner right now."

_______________

I know. Short. Wtf Author? Well lemme explain. I saw this idea in a writing prompt on instagram and I immediately thought of Ace. So..Forgive me? ^_^? No. •_•. I don't blame you. I wouldn't forgive me neither. I don't trust myself that much •-•.