Fifteen - Aftermath

Did Arin just kiss me?!

Dan could hardly comprehend what had just happened. The taste of Arin lingered on his lips and he could still feel the warmth of his body against his, clinging to his senses and not letting go.

One second they had been talking, laughing. Arin had raged. They'd ended the episode like they always did. Then... the kiss.

"W-Why?" was all Dan could say.

Arin, meanwhile, could hardly breathe, let alone speak. The world was spinning. He felt like he was going to throw up, cry and pass out all at once. The look on Dan's face said it all.

He'd fucked up. He'd just ruined his friendship with Dan forever, he was sure. Dan would never speak to him again. All these thoughts happening at once. He had to get away.

Scrambling to his feet Arin staggered from the room. He basically burst through the door and all eyes turned to him, startled. They all saw that something was wrong and hurried to his aid as he nearly collapsed.

"Hun, what happened?" asked Suzy.

Arin shook his head. No, he couldn't tell her. He couldn't really tell anyone, but especially not her.

"Gonna... barf- huurgh!"

He broke free from his friends' grasps and made for the bathroom, just making it to the toilet before the entirety of his breakfast came back up. He felt someone keeping his hair from his face and someone else rubbing slow circles on his back. He heaved twice more before everything was out and he felt a little better. The worst was over but the world still spun.

"Water," he managed to breathe, and Ross went to get him some.

Moving away from the stench of his own vomit, Arin leaned back up against the wall of the bathroom and took deep breaths, trying desperately to calm down. Suzy was beside him, offering him comfort as she watched on in concern. As much as he appreciated it, her presence didn't help his situation and made him feel even worse about what he'd done. He weakly pushed her away, asking for space. He didn't want to look at her.

Ross returned with a water bottle and handed it to him. Taking a long drink he felt ten times better, his breathing coming easier and no longer shaking. He let out a sigh and let his muscles he hadn't realised were tense relax finally.

"Do you want to tell us what happened?" Ross asked him.

Arin shook his head again to that question, trying hard to ignore the hurt on his friends' faces. It wasn't that he didn't trust them or anything. He felt guilty for even doing what he did, and confused why it had happened at all. He needed to figure out what was going on before he could share it.

Suzy leaned over to Ross.

"Ross, can you go ask Dan what all this is about? I'm guessing he has something to do with it," she whispered, glancing at Arin to make sure he didn't hear her.

"Sure. See if you can get Arin to calm down in the meantime."