Gyarados Cruelty

There was a saying once, that a magikarp raised by kindness would be kind after it evolved, and a magikarp who's only experience came from cruelty would become cruel when it evolved.

Few trainers still know of this saying. The ones who know it misinterpret it. To them, a kind gyarados is a weak one.

As for my trainer, I don't think he even knew it.

"Pathetic, worthless, wimpy fish!" he screamed. Each word was enforced by another kick on the magikarp's hard scales.

It is one of the greater ironies of the pokemon world, that almost every pokemon can defend itself against their trainer's abuse, but magikarp, who is most widely abused, cannot.

The fish pokemon glared at it's trainer, but it was unable to do anything else. If, for some reason, it had been in water at the time, it might have dared to try to Splash weakly at it's trainer, but all it would have done was made him madder. If it had been feeling brave, it might have even attempted one of it's pathetic tackle attacks, perhaps even causing a bruise if it hit him long enough. Nothing it could do would make him stop kicking it, though.

Most trainers know about how magikarp, upon evolution, became cruel and violent, often attacking their trainers. No one really understood why this happened. Magikarp always seemed so gentle to them. Of course, they never stopped to think that magikarp can't hurt their trainers or other humans.

"You can't even beat a stupid little L5 pidgey that's almost one-fourth of your level! You're the dumbest, most pathetic pokemon on the face of the planet! You must be the weakest magikarp in all the world!"

The magikarp's trainer kicked it into the water. "Go find a pokemon you can beat! Don't come back until you can beat one single pokemon! I'll probably have to wait three or four years, but maybe by then you can beat one weak L5 magikarp, you worthless excuse for a pokemon!"

It stared at it's trainer in undisguised hatred.

"And don't look at me like that, you weak pile of scales. I'm your trainer, now obey me!" he said, throwing a rock which hit it on the head.

The magikarp didn't move.

"Now what? Has your brain gotten as weak as your attacks you piece of sh-"

The magikarp glowed white, changing into a huge gyarados. Bending down, it ripped it's trainer apart.