fifteen • moving & first day

don't forget to vote and comment, don't be a ghost reader <3

mackenzie ziegler

when i returned from dreadful school, another day of not talking, my mother gave me information.

at first i was upset, but eventually i realized it'd be good.

i'm moving. i'll hopefully make new friends at my new school.

mom told me that we're moving to a bigger house in another city. at least they don't know.

i don't plan on telling anyone except ruby.

kenzie
hey rubs

ruby
hi!

kenzie
i have good/bad news :)

ruby
spill

kenzie
good news, i'm moving
bad news, to another city

ruby
how is moving good news? :/

kenzie
it'll be good for the group,
they never notice me anyway

ruby
noo we love you

kenzie
don't lie ruby. and don't tell
them either, let them figure
it out themselves

if they do ugh

ruby
ok ily :/

kenzie
ilyt and i won't show up
to school on monday bc
you know, i'll be moved

ruby
i'll miss u, please come visit

kenzie
maybe someday.

i'm not too upset about moving. but I will for sure miss ruby. the others? not so much since i don't talk to them.

yeah i like johnny, but don't even get me started on him. it'll be hard getting over this.

___

it's been a few days, our new house is definitely bigger than expected. mom and greg found new jobs and i'll be attending willow high.

___

*beep beep beep*

i sigh and hit my alarm. it's the first day of school, and i'm hoping to meet new people.

i get up and pick out a black crop top that says honey on it and pair it with ripped jeans, along with my black old skool vans.

"sweetie, would you like waffles?" mom asked.

"yeah sure." i smiled.

i finish up, grab my backpack and head out the door. luckily school is a five minute walk.

"hi are you new?" a girl asked.

"um yeah, why?" i shrug.

"i'm your welcome buddy! my name is maisy stella and i hope we'll be great friends." she says excitingly.

"oh. well i'm mackenzie but you can call me kenzie." i warmly smile.

"so where'd you move from?" maisy questions as we walk into school.

"los angeles high, everything was good at one point. my bestfriends moved back from canada but now i barely talk to that group since i'm the ghost." i explain the whole story to maisy, i can tell she's a great listener.

"aw, kenzie. i'm so sorry it's like that for you now." maisy looks down.

"it's okay, it's not your fault." i say.

"and that boy you like? what's his name?" she asks.

"johnny." i mumbled.

"may i see a picture of him?" maisy sure asks a lot of questions.

i go on Instagram and pull up the most recent post of him. i sighed, the last time i posted was weeks ago and the picture was with him.

"wow he's cute, i see why you like him." maisy chuckles.

"yeah but i also like him because he never failed to make me laugh or smile. now he barely knows i exist." i look down, fidgeting my hand.

"well he's definitely missing out, you guys would be so cute together." maisy says.

"that's what everyone said, even my mom and later." i sighed, "i miss talking to him. i wish everything was the same."

"kenzie, trust me. they will notice you're gone. and when they do, they'll notice the mistakes they made of ignoring you." maisy utters.

"thank you maisy. hopefully they do." i sigh again.

___

and the plot thickens. will the group notice she's gone?