Chapter One

The first thing Iris sees, is light. Glorious sunshine that burns through her eyelids, making her flinch and cover her eyes with a groan, before she opens her eyes in shock, as she feels rough sand beneath her. She slowly gets to her feet, eyes wide as she looks around at the beach, her wrist stinging.
"Where the hell am I?" She mutters as she looks at her wrist, gasping as she sees something in it. It's like a diamond but has dark grey parts and orange highlights. She places it back to her side, not wanting to look at it as she looks around the beach, collecting some stones, wood and thatch on the way so she can make a campfire.
She doesn't know where she is, however she needs to find out quickly. She walks over the next ridge and she can't believe it. Right there, in front of her, is a brown and blue Pteranodon! She steps back, only now realising that she has missed so many other creatures.
To her left is an apatosaurus kind of creature. Well, that's what they called Littlefoot in land before time. To her right is a bunch of birds that look like overgrown, dumber chickens. She quickly starts to make a hatchet and a pick axe so she can at least go down fighting. She realises something, however as she passes the dumber chickens. She's hungry. With guilt heavy in her heart, she uses the pick axe to kill the birds, collecting their meat and getting ready for it to cook, when she turns the corner of the cove, screams and stumbles back, Hands going to her pick axe as she raises her hands, waiting for the giant dinosaur to eat her. But it doesn't.
The dinosaur is a T-Rex, definitely. He has a reddish-Black body with a white patch on his nose and white on his stomach. He looks up at Iris and she gasps, staring at the contraption that has captured the Rex, as she walks to the side of it's body to have a look. It's legs are raw and bleeding with metal jaws around them. He's skinny, so he hasn't eaten in a very long time.
She reaches out to touch has scales as she gets to work, using every bit of knowledge she knows to disable the trap. The trap is complicated, however with the right push it will come off. "Ok, boy. I need you to help me push. Lean to one side, ok?" She says, mentally slapping herself. It's a freaking rex! It doesn't understand her!
The Rex moves to the side she isn't on, watching her with trust as she leans all her weight on the trap, causing it to spring open as the Rex basically jumps out before collapsing, but then he gets back up and walks towards her, as she stumbles back, her back to the rocks as she stares at him, before she closes her eyes and covers her head, waiting for him to kill her.
He doesn't do that. He doesn't go bite her head off and rip her apart. No, he does the opposite.
He licks her and then nuzzles her, his eyes full of trust as he settles down beside her, looking at the sea as she stares at him, before he gets up and rushes off. Iris sighs, before making a quick campfire for the night. She then decides to cook some of the food until a giant body is dropped before her, near the campfire as the Rex looks at her for praise.
Iris gapes at the Rex as it makes a crooning sound as if nudges her to the corpse, before she takes the choicest pieces of prime meat, before nudging to corpse back to him and he quickly starts to eat it, making a lot of food as he eats and she growls at him. "Chew with your mouth closed." She says as he looks at her and then tries to do so!
Iris rolls her eyes as she takes the prime meat and cooks it, before eating it, savouring the freshness of the dinosaur meat that no other steaks back home could give her.
Home. A word that doesn't make sense right now. Her home is gone, instead she's stuck with Chomper from the land before time!
She takes a quick look at the Rex, whom has settled down next to her, his tail wrapping around her as he starts to fall asleep, his loud snores hurting her ears as she settles in beside him, as she watches the sea, where a shark is swimming in the distance. It's a large shark, but hopefully she wouldn't see him again.
Her eyes turn to the Rex, as she thinks of a name, before she gets up and grabs the leftovers of the corpse, some huge pieces of hide and some bones substance. She places it in her bag that appears on her back and then sits down with the Rex as she tries to go to sleep, her thoughts going a million miles an hour.
Iris's attention turns to the Rex. He had trusted her to help him get out of the trap and helped her have a good meal. He wasn't killing her, so what does that class them?
Friends. Something says in her head, however she ignores it. It's too soon to know if they are friends or not, so for now she would try and make sure he doesn't eat her.
She doesn't trust him, but he trusts her. He will gain her trust eventually. So, she looks at the rex, no, she looks at Knight the Rex.
However the main thing on her mind is the bear trap. It's man made. Only a human could make something like that and exactly like how they did them back home. So, how could it be here if she's alone here? Maybe she will have to figure that out. But for now, she can sleep knowing that Knight will protect her.