Chapter Three

To be honest, it's good to see a familiar face. Even if it's the ancestor. Iris has just walked over to a plain like area and found out that she can have a horse! Well, it's not exactly a horse. The horses all have stripes, however some are more different than others. There's a red striped one and a blue striped one. Iris doesn't know what to do. She has about 18 Rockarrots on her, however they spoil quickly. So, she quickly chooses a horse.
It's a brown horse with lighter brown stripes. It's a girl, however Iris sees that she is a fighter by looking at how the horse attacks a raptor without question. This will prove difficult. She moves forwards, her new chitin armour clanking as the horse picks its head up, before it paws at the ground, before rearing. Iris pulls out her Rockarrots, which the horse then picks up its head again, sniffing the air as it comes towards her, before eating a Rockarrot. Iris touches her mane as she quickly climbs onto the horse, as she rears and runs, before stopping when Iris feeds her again.
The horse looks up at Iris before she tries bucking her off, but Iris gives her a Rockarrot, allowing the horse to enjoy the vegetable, before the horse stops and waits, looking back towards Iris as Iris guides her with her heels. Iris quickly takes the horse back to her home, where she takes her inside, seeing Chocolate eating some Rockarrots she stole from the farm. Iris rolls her eyes as Knight comes over, causing the horse to spook and race backwards.
"Knight! Be nice!" She says to the Rex as he roars and walks towards the gate, which he pushes open and goes to hunt some food while the horse comes back to Iris, the horse looking at her as Iris strokes her head. "Knight's nice once you get to know him." She says, as the horse snorts and nuzzles her, before it trots over to where Chocolate is, before eating a Rockarrot that Chocolate offers her. Iris smiles, noticing that Chocolate has taken the horse to the house, where Iris follows them. What she finds, makes her laugh.
Iris doesn't have a living room. Her living room consists of a hide blanket on the floor and a bed for Chocolate. However, there is plenty of space for the horse as the horse settles down, standing up, as it looks at the fire. Iris laughs at the horse as she turns her head, walking towards her as she uses her gem to check the horse's stats. Pretty good weight and stamina. Iris decides on a name; Latte, as she is friends with Chocolate.
Chocolate and Latte. Laughing to herself, Iris smiles, walking over to where Knight has just returned from his hunt, a stego carcass in his jaws as he walks through the gate. Iris goes to join him, however stops and stares as a green Rex steps through the gate, as it sniffs the air and immediately goes to the food trough, scoffing down as much food as it can. It's skinny and weak, only a young Dino, whom family obviously hadn't survived, so the Rex had followed Knight back to the base.
Or perhaps not. Iris steps towards the Rex as it eats and it looks at her, before nudging her, begging for attention. Iris couldn't believe it. She could see the rope burns from ropes. She could see the need for affection in his eyes. This Rex was bred and then thrown out. On further investigation, Iris sees that he is still a baby, much smaller then she originally thought.
Iris' heart goes out for him as she strokes his nose, him making a purr like noise as he looks at her with trust. He probably never got any love either. She strokes his head as he whines, opening his mouth to reveal a bone stuck on his back tooth, making his cheek swollen and bloody. Poor bubby, he's all alone.
Iris quickly tends to the Rex's wounds before deciding she needs to name him. His cheek wound is infected and the worst wound, a spear, on his leg, is also infected. She's worried he won't make the next day.
So she named him and decides to give him the best few days of his life so if he does die, he can die surrounded by his new family.
Jello the Rex joined the family on that day, however, he wasn't strong. After fighting off the infection, Jello couldn't hunt like other Rex's. His immune system couldn't combat the viruses given to him, so he couldn't go far. Luckily for him, Knight took him under his wing, feeding him half of his catches every day, allowing the poor Rex to be able to be happy.
Jello the Rex has had a blast of a time, chasing Latte around the new home, allowing him to grow stronger. Iris cannot be more proud of the dinosaur she has come to call her baby.
Every night, Iris will sit with Jello until he falls asleep, before she falls asleep herself. She loves the dinosaur, perhaps more than Knight, Latte and Chocolate, however she doesn't let this get in her way. She hunts with Knight everyday to feed all the carnivores and goes riding with Latte. She's even tamed another horse; a handsome stallion named Toffee. Toffee has a mostly dark brown coat with light brown stripes. After a month or so of them being together, Iris noticed that Latte is growing quite a belly...
On a sad note, however, the Rex wasn't improving. He kept getting sick at regular intervals. Iris has nicknamed him 'Steve Rogers' as he as the fighting spirit of Captain America. However, this would not stop the inevitable.
Jello's death came as a shock to not only Iris, but Knight, Latte, Toffee and Chocolate. He died in Iris' arms, with his family around him. Iris buried him at the edge of the cliff, with a gravestone that reads; 'Jello, the strongest of them all.'