Sending a Message

1. Johanna

"Hey, what are you all dressed up for?" Ryan, a guy from a rival MC said walking up to me as i walked up to my Jeep. I worked at a bar downtown, today was my last day – mostly because of them coming into town. Jax said it wasn't safe me being on the other side of town with a group that was new and trying to claim Charming as their territory.

"I don't think that it's your business." I said, venom dripping from my words. I couldn't tell them I was going to a party – they don't need that information. I wasn't sure why they were trying to push us out of charming or why they were targeting me. Usually people know better than to mess with the Sons, but I guess they'll learn that themselves. "You know who my brother is.. who my brothers are." I threatened.

"That's why I'm here. That's why I've been coming here." He smiled closing the door to my jeep. "You're gonna send a message to the Sons for us."

I looked back up at him and noticed there were now four of them, and when I looked around again I noticed the parking lot was empty – it was just us. I started to get antsy, trying to open the door to my jeep again.

"Not until you get the message." Ryan said again, slamming the door –shoving me to the ground.

"What's the message?" I asked, terror forming. I didn't have my gun – I couldn't carry at work. It was in my center console of my wrangler. I was a hair under 5 foot tall and weighed maybe 98lbs. these men were all over 6 feet tall, big broad men. 3 of me could stand side by side and you could still see one of them standing behind me. I had no chance if I tried to fight.

Four sets of fists wrote their message on my skin, even involving a knife at some point. After what seemed like forever, I lost consciousness. I woke up and I was somewhere else, but they were still torturing me. My skin was blue from the bruising, I couldn't see through my left eye and I could feel horrible pain from my left arm. They had gotten a baseball bat, deciding that the message written in fists wasn't bold enough. I lost consciousness again –this time for good.

When I woke up it was dark and I couldn't move. I thought at first I was tied up because I couldn't move but when my eyes got used to the dark I realized I was in a ditch on the side of the highway and my body was just so stiff from being in an awkward position. I couldn't stay awake long, it was bits and pieces of consciousness. With every new bout I got more and more confused, less intact with the world around me.

I was dying.

I looked down, I was shirtless. They had carved something in my chest – not too deep that I would bleed to death but deep enough that it would scar if I didn't tend to it correctly. I couldn't even cry because I had no energy. I felt like I had been hit by a truck – I curled myself into a ball the best I could and laid there until I felt the darkness take over again.

What was this going to do to the Sons? What if they never found me? I'd die here, and a war would start either way. That's why those men kept coming to the bar – that's why they stayed in town after being threatened time after time by clay and Jax.... They were planning.

Jax was right. I should've just quit my job last week when they first showed up – but no I wasn't scared.

What an idiot I was.