Chapter 67

Deuce

"Got everythin' yungin'?" Dice looked at me.

"Yea. I'm gud." I looked ova at Blue.

I was in my own world. Everybody was gettin' ready fa whatever that was bout to go down. It is what it is now.

"Hey. I think I got a plan to add to dis plan." Boon said.

"Wat man?"

"I'll tell y'all when im done." He ran into da bathroom.

"You ready to go?" Blue came and looked up to me.

"Yea."

"I got you alright? I'm right here." She said so serious.

"Na, baby. I'm the one that got u." I smiled at her.

"You're not in it by yourself this time. I'm riding. I'm always beside you." She grabbed my hand.

"I kno baby." I exhaled.

"We gud D. Waitin' on u." Zel came up wit Milly behind.

"Let's go."

10 Minutes Later

I was pacin' round, lookin' at everythin'. I remember so much, and I cant believe dat it's at this point.

"Wow." I turned around to her voice.

"Why am I not surprise that you chose this place to actually come back too?"

"Figured it was the best place."

We was at our old home. Although before it look like it was sunk in, it actually hadn't. I finally got the chance to kick that door down.

"So typical."

"Yea." I looked round again.

"Y u do it?" I asked her.

"Do what?" She picked at her nails.

"Y u aint neva act like a mother'?"

"Y u treat me dirty, and make me take care of u?"

"You were suppose-"

"NO! U WAS POSE TO TAKE CARE OF ME! I WAS YO SON! I WAS 10 momma! 10 years old!" I fussed and cried.

"U ditched me and treated me like I won't shit to u. U must've hated me befo them drugs, cause it just ain't no way to just turn a switch like dat."

She looked at me, then started laughin'.

"Oh DeWayne, please." She waved her hand.

"I lost my husband, and that took half of me."

"The otha half was pose to be u lovin' yo son. Not givin' up on'em. That other half was pose to be there for me. Helpin' me! Raisin' me to be betta in this life! U WAS POSE TO LOVE ME!"

"You know, before he died, and you were a baby, I'd rock you in that rusty old chair right there?"

"I would always take you from your dad, because all you needed was momma's love." She smiled.

"Oh yea? What happened to it then huh?"

"Remember when we tried to always put a football in your hands, but you would stay grabbing the basketball?"

"That love was gone when my husband passed away."

I looked at her. It's like she was in a daze, day dreamin.

"I was broken, but now...I'm much better." She snapped out of it and smiled, while she walked around.

"I searched for you, when I got myself together."