FOURTEEN - TECHNICALLY, I SHOULD BE A WIZARD, RIGHT?

Burn the witch. Burn her.

Burn the witch. She has eaten our children. Burn her.

I could hear people shout to burn me. I was tied to a stake. My hands tied above me. There was pain, so much unbearable pain. Blood dripped from my eyebrows. I could see people holding fire torches and I was completely drenched in something, may be something flammable. I felt few stones hit me as I cried out in pain.

"Help me father. I would never do this. I would never kill the children. Believe me.", I pleaded, the torches blinded me.

"You can never be my daughter. You are just a witch who has bewitched my daughter", a man dressed in white tunic shouted. He was holding a golden staff which he raised and the people started throwing their fire torches at me. I was engulfed by the flames. The sound of the burning fire and chants of the people drowned my screams of pain.There was fire all around.

It burns.

It hurts.

It hurts so much.

I'm dying.

"Aaaah...... Save me, Lyca", I screamed in pain, calling out for Lyca.

"Avery"

"Avery wake up", I heard a distant voice calling out. I woke up with a start. My vision was too clouded to see the person in front.

"Come on, Ave. Open your eyes", Lucien came into view. He looked devastated. Holding me tightly in his arms he whispered, "You're all right. Nothing is burning. You are safe, Ave", that's when I noticed how badly I was shivering, tears poured from the corner of my eyes. That nightmare had left me aghast. A cascade of tears discharged like water gushing from a broken dam and all I could do was let it flow. I sat in his arms, whimpering for who knows how long. He kept whispering soothing words to me the entire time. I had never seen such an horrible nightmare in my entire life, but being in his arms calmed me down.

"Are you all right?", he asked, his brows furrowed in worry.

"Yeah, I'm fine", I said, wiping my tears.

"Do you usually get such nightmares, Ave?", he asked unsatisfied by my answer. Aw, he is calling me Ave, so cute.

"No, this is the first time I ever had such a nightmare and it was just a dream so you don't have to be this worried", I assured him. His expression softened. But there was one thing that was eating on me now.

Why is Lucien here?

Where am I?

I looked around and everything started coming back to me accompanied by a mild headache, the drinks, the pants, the kiss and most importantly the reply.

A blush crept its way towards my cheeks. I didn't know what to do, so I just stared down. Lucien sensed my realization because I heard him chuckle.

"I'm really sorry that you had to take care of last night", I said unable to meet his eyes. He embraced me tighter against his naked chest and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I hope you remember what happened last night, because I'm going to hold you to your word", he said smirking at me. His usually neat black hair was messy with fringes falling on his eyes and he looked really cute.

"Are you sure about this?", I asked pointing towards him and then to me. Shaking his head he frowned at me.

"I gave my reply last night, Ave, now its your turn. So, what am I to you, Avery Ericson?", he asked staring straight into my eyes, the blue streaks in his gray eyes brighter than usual, I couldn't see any doubt in them. They were so............ so clear and pure, I guess.