Chapter 1

I have known Zachary Wellington since the day I was born.

We were born on the same day. Our moms met at the hospital and quickly became best friends. We grew up in the same town, until I was eight. That's when we moved to California and we left the Wellingtons in Massachusetts. I only saw Zach once in a while and only for short periods.

And now in present time I'm sitting here, nine years after the move in a car on my way to spend the whole summer visiting the Wellingtons summerhouse in the Hampton's.

Do I feel happy about it? The answer is no, I am not at all the slightest bit happy about it. Spending my entire summer under the same roof as Zachary Wellington is actually the worst scenario possible, but here I am, on my way there right now.

••••

''Honey, fix your hair, it looks messy'' Mom glances at me and I roll my eyes.

''Oh my god, my life is ruined'' I say it in my very sarcastic and girly voice, and then smirk. She sighs and I look out the window with a satisfied look on my face.

''Dad, what about we turn around and go back to our HOME'' My dad, Paul drums his long fingers at the steering wheel and shakes his head, briefly.

''Stop whining, Anastasia'' he warns and I groan loudly.

Why the hell didn't I just rebel and run away from home. That would've been more pleasant than this. After twenty, extremely short minutes we arrive at the devils nest, great.

''I'm so excited'' my fourteen year old brother Nate squeals. I feel a tiny bit guilty for ruining the car ride for him so I smile at him and tell him it'll be great.

Thank you mom and dad for making me a good liar.

We get our luggage and walk up to the huge mansion.

The doors open and out comes Elizabeth and their bright yellow lab, Honey.

''Well hello there'' Lizzy shouts with her southern accent. Mom runs up to her and embraces her.

Typical mother thing.

David, the father of the jerk walks out with proud big steps. My dad drops the luggage by the front door and shakes his hand gently. I bite my lip, not sure what to do. Nate is already inside, probably talking to Angela, the youngest Wellington member, she's thirteen and a brat. No but seriously she can be real cocky!

I grab my phone, plug in my earphones and turn up the volume. Everyone has walked inside, no one even greeted me, so typical stereotypical manners, not saying hi to the least outgoing and oldest kid. It's better that way anyway...

I go inside the car and sit down. Maybe I should just crash in here for the rest of the summer?

In the middle of 'red hot chilli peppers' song 'under the bridge' my battery dies.

Fuck.

''Damn it'' I mumble as I rip out the earphones from my ears harshly.

''Careful now, little bug'' a raspy dark voice says.

I freeze and goosebumps appear on my tan skin.

Zach Wellington is disturbing me, once again.

As fast as I can I start rolling up the window. Ha! I stick out my tongue through the window and Zach smiles coldly. Then he opens the door and my smile drops.

Dammit I'm stupid...

''Zach, great to see you again'' I get my bag and push my way past him. I hear his light chuckle behind me and I roll my eyes.