Intuition Part 8

Nancy...

what was Nancy doing there?...how could she be in the same room as the creepy figure on the couch...that's when a thought hit me. What if she were the dangerous thing. The thing my dangeometer measured as a "78." I shook my head, ridding myself of the idea before it incapacitated me. She couldn't be. She wasn't.

As I battled my instinct to run, Nancy approached the kneeling figure and slowly and gently placed a hand, palm down, on the chained person's face, latching her fingers onto it. A violent shudder ran through her victim's body. I couldn't see either of their expressions but I saw both of their bodies tense up and suddenly the tube filled with a golden mist. It whirled like a tornado into the vessel on the coffee table and settled beside the choking black smoke; they did not mix but rested within a centimeter of each other.

I watched, eyes wide and heart pounding so hard I was sure they could hear it. What is this...what is the smoky stuff...what is NANCY...and who or what are those other two? Questions vaulted through my brain when I felt fingers travel down my back...someone was watching me. I spun around, pressing my back against the wall and surveyed the yard. No one. I swallowed hard and turned back to the window only to find a face two inches away from mine. I screamed.