much overcoming

So you stood in front of Bruce Banners lab and didn't know where to go. You stood there for quite a while, trying to hear what happened in the room you had just left and somehow hoping that someone would find you and pick you up.

Your wish was granted.

"I heard you are a man now, kitty" , you heard a voice from the left. This poor human ears were at least capable of telling you where noises came from. And they told you that you knew the voice. You turned. Clint.

"Oh, hello Clint. That's your name, isn't it?" , you asked. A cat wasn't shy, just careful about strangers.

"Yes, Jacob" , answered Clint. You tilted your head in confusion.

"Jacob? I'm not Jacob" , you stated, frowning.

"Jacob, the wolf guy from twilight. You know, because you turned from a street cat into a very strong, muscular man everyone falls for?" , explained Clint.

"I don't know twilight. What's that?" , you demanded to know.

"My jokes are a lot less funny if I have to explain them, you know. People normally grudge a bit and think me to be annoying and I live with it, but you're a tough one, kitty.

"Twilight is a series of four books or four movies, depending on which side of the fandom you're part of. Jacob is a werewolf and he is the strongest opponent of Edward who is in love with Bella" , explained Clint. He seemed slightly disappointed that you didn't know about the movies or the books.

"I knew a dog called Bella once. She got run over by a big car. Not nice to watch" , you remembered.

"Wow. You successfully raised the mood! Congratulations" , laughed Clint with a wink.

"But this is a rather sad story. I mean, someone died in it" , you muttered, clearly confused.

"Oh, kitty... Ever heard of sarcasm, irony or something like this?" , sighed Clint. You shook your head.

"What's that?" , you asked.

"Someone says something and means the complete opposite" , explained Clint.

The hell... This was a typical human thing again.

"Why would you do this? Doesn't it make things harder?" , you asked.

"With you? Certainly. Most people understand irony without me writing an essay on it. You don't seem to be this type of person"

"I'm a cat" , you stated and shrugged. Clint rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I was aware of that. Anyway, why are you standing around here like a meerkat?"

"Well, Bucky wanted to attack me because I told him that he would have to wash himself with his tongue and then I told him that Steve had confessed his love for him in front of me. Bucky crashed into a table and Steve threatened to kill me. At this point I left" , you recounted, "you humans are just so complicated."

Clint stood frozen for a second, then he started to laugh. He even bend while doing so. You shook your head, not understanding. Well, if he had fun, he should laugh. Not a bad thing.

"And ... did they ... kiss?" , laughed Clint. You rolled your eyes.

"You are acting very childish, Clint. If by kiss you mean this joining mouths thing and drool into each others face, no, not that I know. But I don't know what they did when I left. I guess Banner would have left the room though. If they had kissed, I mean. You humans seem to be quite crazy about love and stuff" , you said.

Clint still laughed. His face turned red. Was he blushing? It indeed was embarrassing how he bend down there and laughed and gasped for air. You would blush too.