Chapter 3: Present

The room crashed through a wall, shaking the whole room and Michael struggled to stay in place.

"Don't worry, got it under control!" The panel opened back up and Gavin pushed himself off the chair. Landing rather clumsily on his feet. "Alright follow me if you want out"

Michael looked into the room beyond his current one. Plants had overtaken it for the most part. "Are you sure this is right?"

"Yah, now come on!" Gavin jumped down into the room. Michael hesitated before landing in the chamber. It looked an awful lot like a testing chamber from his old days in the place. Except arrows and large painting weren't in this one.

Michael remembered the paintings became less easy to follow and quiet random. He assessed that Geoff had gone crazy.

"C'mon, it's just over this way" Gavin began to look around.

"Excuse me, what are we looking for exactly?" Michael watched the man's gaze.

"A gun of sorts"

"A portal gun?"

"Yes!" Gavin looked to him, the surprise evident on his face. Michael took a step foreword and fell through glass. Gavin let out a gurgled scream as he fell down.

"Christ almighty, keep it down"

"Sorry, Michael"

"Hello and welcome" the announcers voice came back on. "Under the circumstances testing will begin."

"Oh. Forgot to mention, we'll have to go through some tests to get the portal gun." Gavin shrugged, smiling slightly

He sighed "fine, lets make this quick" they were simple button tests. Picking up cubes and placing them on buttons to complete the tests.

Gavin and him had to cram themselves into the elevators. It was a bit close for comfort, and on two occasions Gavin placed a hand on Michael's crotch.

"Excuse me, num nuts" Michael cleared his throat.

"Oh lord! Sorry!" The mans cheeks turned green. He rolled his eyes and pushed his way out of the elevator.

"Ah! It should be here somewhere!" Gavin followed him. Michael looked into the room. There was a podium in it.

"You first" Michael pushed the robot slightly.

"No way, you go first" Gavin crossed his arms "there's nothing to even be scared of"

"Then you go" he looked to the podium.

"How about we both go" Gavin shrugged.

"Fine, I'm not going to hold your hand though, you big baby" he took a step out and the floor creaked.

"I don't like this, Michael"

"Shut up" he grabbed the robots arm and slowly began to walk. Halfway to the podium the floor collapsed.

"Micool!" Gavin yelled. He let go of the robot and braced for impact. His boots absorbed the fall and water splashed up.

"Gavin?" He looked around and felt a tug at his pants. When he looked down he saw a hand.

"What in gods name?!" He reeled back and almost fell. The hand lifted, supported by an arm, and pointed to a dark hallway. He could see the arm was black at a closer look.

Michael gingerly followed hand, pushing ruble out of his way. "Ello! Down on the floor!" Michael looked down. Gavin sat propped against a wall. All his limbs spread out.

"Do me a huge favor, eh? Put me back together?"

"Why can't you do it?"

"Arms can't float silly!" Gavin smiled. Michael sighed and began to click each back onto the robot's body. "Help me up?"

Michael reached down and pulled the AI up. "Thanks, sorry about that. hit the ground hard."

"Where's the gun?"

"This way. I think" Gavin took the lead. Large plants had taken over the room. A large white panel caught his eye. It was old and dirty, but it had two black arrows painted on it.

Follow, written inside each. Michael couldn't help but smile at them.

"Ah! Here, look at these paintings" Michael turned to look at them. One was of himself, the others were of people screaming and Michael swallowed thickly.

"I miss that man" Gavin smiled.

"What?" Michael turned to him.

"Geoff was his name, good man, little bonkers."

"You knew Geoff?" Then it hit him, the green light in the robot's chest.

"Something for you in the future." He repeated to himself

"What are you faffin' on about" Gavin cocked his head.

"Your it! Your a present from Geoff!"

"What?"

"He must have finished you when I was running tests!" Michael smiled "did he ever talk about me?"

"He talked about some bloke named Mike. But your names Michael!"

"You fucktard! That's me!"

"Your mike!? It's an honor to meet you then! Geoff said I was made for you" Michael could only smile.