◯A LITTLE PUSH ◯

Chapter Twenty-Three:

~•Dinner lasted for hours even when everyone had finished their meal. Laughter, old stories, and new experiences filled the air creating a light-hearted atmosphere. The girls were glad that their parents warmed up well to SHINee, especially their dads. "Thanks for joining us for dinner boys, I know there were probably more exciting places to go tonight but thanks for choosing my little home instead". Yuki rested her chin on her crossed fingers with a soft smile. "Thank you for having us Ms. Dogko" Onew looked at the other elders with a smile "Thank all of you, we really enjoyed ourselves." "You're cooking is amazing too" Key added in. "Thank you~"
The women cooed with grins and looked at each other. SoonHee looked at the others with a soft smile. The boys and their parents talked comfortable and got a long better than she'd thought. Jonghyun didn't say much during dinner but he listened to their conversations with interest. "It's getting late, I'm sure you boys have work again tomorrow don't you?" Sori's father asked, "We're all off tomorrow papa, I told you this morning." Sori answered before taking a sip from her glass. "Oh, in that case, you all in the mood for a horror movie?" "I am!" Nabi raised her hand "Me too!" Taemin followed with an excited grin. "Do you boys mind?" Asked Yuki And Onew shook his head "Not at all. We can stay a little longer." "Are you gonna make them watch that move about the evil corn again?" asked Gina. "It's a classic." Her father made a funny face back as he stood up and made his way to the living room, cueing the other men to get up as well. "It's only a classic because he and my father are in it." said Minseo "They acted a little when they were younger, It's more of a comedy than a horror movie." Minho grinned as Key let out a laugh "Now I really wanna see it." "Come on, come on. It's starting." Gina's father urged them over and the boys got up and followed. "I'll pass." SoonHee took her and Nabi's plate as she hurried to catch up with Taemin. "I've seen it so many times I don't think I can watch it again. I rather wash the dishes." Yuki laughed as she walked past her to the sink. Jonghyun stood in the walkway resting against the frame as the other settled into their spots. He gazed at the TV with his arms folded and Yuki glanced at him as she passed by with plates in her hand. Dishes clattered as SoonHee ran the water and prepared the sink as Yuki handed her more plates. "Hasn't said much tonight." Yuki nudged her head toward Jonghyun and SoonHee looked at him. His back was to her and she suddenly noticed how broad and muscular it was through his T-shirt. "Hmm..." She averted her eyes back to the sink "We haven't really talked much since, you know." Yuki leaned against the counter "I see. Well, it seems like he wants to talk by the way he kept looking at you throughout dinner." SoonHee snickered "He wasn't looking at me." "Who else could he be looking at? He started at you for a good three minutes at one point SoonHee. I'm not that old, I know what I saw." She could only laugh at her mother and shake her head. Yuki sighed and leaned toward her causing SoonHee to look up at her. "I think since you have the opportunity, you should talk to him, honey." The sincere look in her mother's eyes made her smile gently to herself and she nodded in response dropping her gaze again to the soapy water in front of her. Yuki nodded patting her back before making her way to Jonghyun who was spaced out in his own thoughts. Yuki stood beside him looking over his slightly gloomy expression. "You like the movie?" Jonghyun jumped as she spoke as if suddenly waking up from a dream and looked at her. "Oh, um...yeah it's...really interesting." He fumbled with words as he stood up straight and unfolded his arms. Yuki giggled "It's ok you don't have to lie. It's really an odd movie, nothing in it makes sense." Jonghyun cracked a smile with a chuckle. "Ah, so you do smile." Yuki pointed at him and he nodded shyly as he looked at the ground "You seem to have a lot on your mind Jonghyun." He sighed "Neh." Yuki tilted her head "Stop me of I'm prying too much but, would my daughter happen to the reason?" Jonghyun hesitates for a minute "She...told you what happened?" "No, she didn't want to actually. But Nabi told me regardless." Jonghyun nodded and Yuki noticed him get nervous "I-I'm sorry for hurting her Ms.Dogko." She smiled "I know, I can see the regret on your face all evening." He stood silently and she put a hand on his arm "Go talk to her. I know you want to." Jonghyun looked back at SoonHee as she rinsed the plates, setting them aside to dry. "She doesn't want to talk to me..." Yuki shrugged "Give it a shot anyway." She gave a warm smile before joining the others on the sofa. Jonghyun stood there for a minute then peeled over his shoulder at her, then at the plates still on the table.