The Surprise Party

The Surprise Party

Aria’s POV

            I chased after Zacharias and tears rolled down my cheeks. I was mad at George for attacking Zacharias but upset that I told him I hated him. I didn’t hate him and I was regretting it as I ran. I saw Zacharias walking up the hill and I ran faster to catch up to him. I grabbed his arm and had him look at me. Anger was in his eyes and my heart wretched. George really got him good. His lips was swollen and his face had dried blood on it and his eye was bruised already. I had to hand it to George. I didn’t know he could fight like that.

            I took a deep breath and said, “I’m sorry about George. I don’t know what got into him.”

            “I do.” Zacharias said angrily. “He loves you.”

            I laughed. “He does not. He’s just being protective. He’s like my brother.”

            “Then this is incest because he loves you.”

            “Stop saying that. He does not. Now let’s get you to the hospital wing so Madam Promfrey can heal you.” I went to hold his hand but he pulled away.

            “No. He likes you and you have to make a decision.”

            I creased my eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

            “You have to choose between me and him.”

            “Zacharias, he’s my best friend. I can’t choose between you guys.”

            “Then we’re done. I’m not going to deal with you and your issues.”

            “Zach…”

            “See you around, Aria.” He walked away and I watched him with teary eyes.

            I started crying and didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t go into school because Zacharias but I couldn’t just stand there because Fred and George would be coming up soon and I didn’t want them to see me. I walked away from the school and headed towards the lake. I sat there for hours either crying or just staring at the lake. I started thinking about my future and I prayed that if I ever had a daughter, that she would never ever feel like how I did right then; heartbroken and alone. At around eight, I got up and headed back to the castle. I walked slowly back to the common room and made sure I wasn’t crying when I walked through the door.

            “Surprise!” A bunch of voices yelled and I looked around the common room with wide eyes.

            Almost everyone from Gryffindor was there and was smiling at me in the very over decorated common room. Lee put a crown on my head and Fred handed me a butterbeer. I saw George standing behind everyone and he avoided my gaze. I barely had time to sigh before I was forced to party. Fred and Lee had me to a drinking competition with Katie Bell and Alicia Spinnett then I blew out my candles and we all ate cake. I had Ginny give me two slices and made my way to the back corner of the room where George had been sitting all night. I sat down by him and handed him a piece of cake.

            “Here.” I said but he didn’t move. His eyes just looked down at the ground and I sighed. “George, come on. I’m not mad at you anymore. I didn’t mean to say I hate you. I could never hate you.” He still didn’t do anything. “Zacharias broke up with me after you attacked him.” That got his attention. He looked into my eyes and I sighed. “He made me choose between you and him and I said I couldn’t choose so he broke it off.” Tears filled my eyes again. “I should’ve listened to you. He obviously didn’t care about me.”

            He wrapped his arms around me. “Air, I didn’t want to be right. I was just being protective of you.”

            “I know.” I cried into him. “I should always listen to you when you’re being protective. You’re usually right.”

            He laughed and looked into my eyes. “You won’t listen to me. We’ll fight and then we’ll be sitting like this with you soaking my shirt.”

            I shook my head and put a piece of cake in his face. I laughed then and said, “Now this is a fight I like.”

            “Really?” He asked and grabbed a clump of the cake that was still on his face. He smeared it onto mine and laughed. “Me too.”

            That started a food fight for the entire House and George and I laughed. Both of us were covered in cake and Fred and Lee joined us in the corner. Everyone had cake clumped in their hair and when the cake was gone, we started spraying each other with Butterbeer. That had to be the best late birthday party I ever had.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter but hopefully you like it! Comment and vote!