Pain

Harmony Pov.

Berkley didn't go upstairs, inside she opened the door and left the house without a word.

Next thing I know he lunged at me. He started slapping me, punching me, and kicking me.

" s-stop, s-stop p-please stop."

But inside he just kept hitting me. I couldn't stop crying.

This pain was unbearable, all I wanted to do was die. I couldn't live life like this anymore.

When he finally stopped he grabbed my hair and pulled me up.

" next time come straight home like I asked or you'll regret it." He said.

I nodded and I continued to lay on the ground.

" why can't I just die." I whisper.

I finally got up and walked outside to the animal shelter to see my best friend Bo the beagle.

" hey Bo, what's up bestie?" I asked.

He barked at me and I laughed.

~ 2 hours later

I continued talking to him until a worker told me that it was time to go.

I then went to go find Mrs. Neff the manager.

" h-hey Mrs. Neff."

" hey swee-- oh my god WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?" She yelled.

I flinched.

" did your father hit you again?"

I nodded sadly.

" okay, this is the last time, you can't stay in that house, you are coming to live with me."

" I-I can't he will k-kill me and h-hurt me e-even m-more than he d-did all the other t-times, and he m-may h-hurt our guest B-Berkley."

She sighed, but nodded anyway.

" well tell me when he does it again."

I nodded and left the shelter. I started walking until I was in front of my home.

How did my life end up like this?

I quietly walked up the stair and into the bathroom. I grabbed the big first aid kit.

I cleaned up all my cuts and wrapped my ribs, left thigh, both upper arms with gauze wrap.

It was pain shooting through my whole body.

Erin came in the bathroom has I was leaving and once again looking surprised.

" sweetie what happened to you, you look terrible?" She asked.

" nothing. Gym class again." I lied.

She nodded.

I went into my room and as soon as the head hit the pillow I fell asleep.

~ the next morning

I woke up at 5:45 sharp. It was hard for me because of my bruises, but I managed.

Then I realized that I was in the same clothes from yesterday. I went into the bathroom.

After the bathroom, I put on my clothes which included a star wars t-shirt, jeans, black sneakers, and a pom beanie.

I then hurried downstairs to make breakfast before Erin or my dad saw me.

I quickly made then scrambled eggs and bacon.

When I check the time it was 6:35, my dad would be waking up soon.

" come on bacon cool faster." I whispered pathetically.

The bacon was finally done. I set the plates, with the food down on the table and ran out of there.

Even though it was only 6 in the morning, I started to walk to school.

The gate was open and I sst down near a tree. I got out my song book and started writing/ singing.

I wish I could run somewhere
Run far away from here
I'll be happy
I'll be safe

If I could, I would
Only gotta hope, hope, hope
Hope for the better

If I dream
If I hope
If I pray
It would happen

I could get out of here
Have a better life, life, life
I'll feel like me again
I'll feel joy again, that I once had

If I could, I would
Only gotta hope, hope, hope
Hope for the better

Once I was done, I sighed. I always wanted to be a singer or a somgwriter but I'm scared.

" ummmm ... do you mind if I sit next to you?" Someone asked.

I turned around startled and saw that it was Berkley in the same clothes as yesterday.

I shook my head and she sat down very close to me, mind I add.

" I heard someone singing very beautifully and I wanted to see who it was." She spoke.

I blushed.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was 7: 05 a.m. I'm supposed to be at the library in 5 minutes.

" ummmm ... c-can y-you help m-me up?" I asked.

She nodded and then got up to help me up. When I was up I groaned from the pain.

" you okay?" She asked in concerm.

I froze and ran into the school going to the library. I heard fast footsteps following me.

When I made it to the library I saw the librarian and the principal talking.

" oh, sorry I'll come back later." I said.

" Ms. Conner the librarian called you her because we want to make sure everything is okay at home. We heard that your father is abusing you and we want to help you." Mr. King the principal said.

" EVERYTHING IS FINE, NOTHING IS WRONG, WHY CAN'T PEOPLE BELIEVE ME." I yelled.

I ran out the library and went into the music room. Luckily no one was in there.

I grabbed my class guitar and started singing.

My life is fucked
My life is ruined
My life is broken
Just like me

I can't do anything right
I don't want to live like this
I want to live a better life
I need to live a better life

I can't do it
But I gotta be strong
I need support
But I need someone to help me

I then heard clapping from behind me. It was Mr. Luccio and Mr. Meho the two music teachers.

" you have a wonderful voice." Mr. Meho said.

" you play guitar really well. I think I could get you to play like s professional" Mr. Luccio said.

I gasped.

" REALLY?" I yelled.

He laughed and nodded.

Maybe my life could get better.

...................................

It was hard for me to end this chapter, I had writer's block for the ending.

Hope you like this chapter tho.

1044 words, phenomenal

Read on, bye.