a letter to my ex • lowercase

Dear S.L,

  I know it was for the best and I hope you know I hated how this ended. I always wondered what type of ex I would be, I guess I'm the type to make cheesy poems and to pretend like I'm good at it. I knew I wouldn't be the crazy type at least of got that right. I thought I would be a mixture of the "crybaby" and "best friend". you know the one were I still have feelings for you but I suppress them down and carry on being your friend. Well good news is, you clearly don't want to be friends, so I guess I don't have to lie when you move on to another girl I know is twice as better as I am. Bad news is I'm worst then the crybaby. i don't talk to my friends with as much glee, I cut down half of my meals, I stay in my room and force myself to cry but i can't because when you ripped away my amor I could express how I truly feel and since you're gone it's twice as thick. I'm not saying I'm numb, honestly I wish, because I can still feel the pain like it was just yesterday I was reading your text saying you want to break up with me; I'm just slowly, and I mean slowly, getting over you. I'm realize I can't cry over broken glass, I just have to toughen up pick up the pieces (even if I get cut and it hurts) and get a better glass that wouldn't break on me next time. And because of this I'm no longer looking at life in all lowercase but a little bit of upper case too.

Beloved,
Avalon Harris