11:07 P.M

I sat across from Jeongin watching him socialize with everyone else in the lunch table.

"Minho,What about you?" I looked when they mentioned my name and started to stutter.

"U-uh Yeah?" Everyone started bursting into laughter and I just stood there confused with my ear slowly turning into a shade of red.

"H-hey! I wasn't paying attention..." They all paused for a moment and started laughing once again.

"We were talking about teachers we hate." I realized how stupid I sounded and just shrugged.

"I mean I don't really hate any teachers. Mrs. Lee's class is probably my favorite though." I said and looked at everyone eating their lunch.

"Of course you do, Jisung sits right in front of you." Jeongin said while stabbing his chicken
salad and stuffing it into his mouth.

"Respect me! I'm older you know!" He snickered and hid behind Chan. Chan patted his head and pushed him off.

"What the heck! I could've died." He yelled and pouted.

"You were hurting my body." Chan blankly  said and ignored Jeongin ranting about how he is always 'disrespected'

The bell rang and we just moved on to the next class.

English with Mrs. Lee

The best part of the day.

I sat in my assigned seat with Jisung sitting in front of me.

"Hey!" Jisung looked at me with an expressionless look.

"Hey." He said and turned around. He was always like this.

He just pretended that I don't exist.

We were a few inches away, but even laying a finger on him was farther than the distance of Korea to New York.

I started tapping the eraser of my pencil on my binder. Until a little idea popped up in my head.

I ripped a piece of paper, wrote a little message and formed it into a flower. Sending it off to Jisung.

Hello sunshine!

Jisung opened it and then crumble it setting it to the side. I pouted and made another one.

Pls don't ignore me.

He loudly sighed and once again crumbled it.

One after the other kept being sent until Jisung had a little pile on his desk.

Why do you keep ignoring me now?
Was it because of that day?

He opened the flower and stiffened. He shook his head and laid it with the rest.

Come on! We used be best friends what happened. I wish you would at least talk to me without ignoring my feelings

I wrote, but then hesitated.

It's not like I ever hesitated showing my love so I just sent off.

He opened it and then scoffed.

He then started writing something his own, but then erased it and went back to writing.

He sighed in the end and threw the piece of paper across the room.

I frowned a little and just pouted. I was bored once again not knowing what to do.

I then went back to the English phrases that I still don't understand.

Why was learning a new language so hard?

The first phrase being

"I love you"