~Prologue~

DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED BY ANYTHING TO DO WITH ABUSE OR MENTAL ILLNESS!

~

𝒲𝑒𝓁𝓁...𝐼 𝑔𝓊𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝐼 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝑜𝒻𝒻 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝒷𝒾𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎...𝐼𝓉 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃-𝒽𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒹𝓊𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇...

3rd Person, May 28th

" Annie, could you fetch your Mother for dinner? " Virgil's Father asked. Virgil cringed slightly at his dead-name. Virgil's Father-Scott- Was unaware of how Virgil felt about his gender, so Virgil couldn't blame him. In complete honesty, Virgil didn't know how he felt about his Father. He was never really there for Virgil, but he seemed to treat other people kindly, but on the other hand, he never showed any type of affection for Virgil. 

Virgil and his Mother-Tammy- Were much closer. Tammy was always the one with Virgil, it really was not surprise to anyone. Tammy was a 36 year old women who worked a some what well paying job three times a week. Tammy usually wore white and green sun dresses, which was one of the second most noticeable thing about her. The first being that she was one of the most suborn person you've ever meant. That being her downfall. 

Nevertheless, Virgil obeyed and made his way upstairs. " Mom? " Virgil called as he opened the door. Virgil's facial expression quickly changed into horror as he saw the image that would haunt his nightmares for months. Virgil's face paled, his eyes widened and he began to shake violently. He couldn't process much, in fact, he couldn't even process he let out a blood curdling screech. 

To Virgil, most things were just a swirl of colors, but he could process a couple things. A lifeless body. Sirens. Voices. Sirens. Voices. Virgil was slowly processing what was happening currently. He felt like everything around him was going way too fast. Wait, when did he get in a hospital bed? Virgil, being mentally and physically exhausted, slowly fell asleep in the hospital bed, but he did not stay asleep for long. The horrifying scene that seemed to be carved in his head replayed in his nightmares. Something that would reoccur for a very long time.

A nurse had interrupted Virgil from his cruel, merciless nightmares, the nurse explained that his heartbeat was beating faster and faster and decided she should wake him up. She had also explained that he had gone unresponsive and everything was already taken care of. " When can I go home? " Virgil quietly, nervously, asked. The nurse had barely heard him. "I am not one hundred percent sure, but you might be able to go home today. " The nurse responded with. Virgil nodded and tried to relax. 

 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓵, 𝓬𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓮𝓬𝓽? 𝒞𝑜𝓇𝓇𝑒𝒸𝓉...

The drive home from the hospital was, for the lack of better words, tense. Scott had his jaw clenched, his eyes were blood-shot and squinted, and he had a tight grip on the steering wheel. Virgil was too scared and anxious to ask what was wrong or to make any type of conversation. In addition, Scott looked like he was far from a mood to talk his kid.

Virgil could smell two really strong scents, but he couldn't quite place it, he knew he had smelled it before but what-Alcohol. Alcohol? Why would there be alcohol in the car-No, not in the car. Wait, then what's the second scent? It smells like...Like vomit. It was coming from Scott Virgil realized. Virgil didn't vomit or drink, so that only leaves Scott. He doesn't drink...Right? 

Wrong. I was very...Very wrong...He chose alcohol to cope. My Mom-She was the stable beam for my-Scott. Scott stopped going to work...He-He began to go to bars instead. He lost his job and... Virgil- It's fine. I just took care of myself more- Virgil. Did he hurt you? ...

I walked into the living room. Father had to sign a paper. I spotted my Father laying on the couch, something-An alcohol bottle. Is that...Beer stains on his shirt? Is that urine on his pants.?Gross, it also smells like vomit. Funny how things has changed...God I would do anything to have my Mother back. She wouldn't have let Father do this to himself. I rather hear their fighting day and night than...Than whatever the hell you would call this.

" Fath- " I was cut off. " SHUT UP, ANNIE! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO TALK TO ME! NOT AFTER WHAT YOU DID! YOU KILLED THE ONLY WOMEN I LOVED! Y-YOU'RE A MURDERER! I FUCKING HATE YOU! " My Father screeching was slurred, his breath reeked of alcohol. How much did he drink!? Smash!

My face began to sting, I instinctively touched my face, I felt something wet on my face and hand. I looked at my hand. I felt my eyes widened as I saw what was on my hand, there was tears and blood. Blood and tears. H-He...Oh god... I sprinted to a mirror. Is that glass!?  I think I'm going to be sick...

𝓗𝓮...𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓾𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓾𝓻𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽? 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝒽...𝐻𝑒 𝒹𝒾𝒹. 𝓗𝓮𝓻? 𝐻𝑒-𝐻𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒𝒹 𝒽𝑒𝓇. 𝑀𝓎 𝑀𝑜𝓂. 𝐻𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝓎 𝑀𝑜𝓂 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁 𝓌𝒽𝑜 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝑜𝓃 𝒹𝓇𝓊𝑔𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁-𝒟𝒾𝒶𝓃𝒶- 𝒲𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓊𝓇𝓃 𝒽𝑜𝓂𝑒...𝒲𝒽-𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝒾𝒹...𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓎𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓉 𝓂𝑒.-Beep! Beep! Beep! 𝓘'𝓶 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓻𝔂 𝓥𝓲𝓻𝓰𝓲𝓵, 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓼𝓮𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓲𝓼  𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻.