•one•

HE POV

Pain. That's the last thing I can remember. This intense amount of pain that I couldn't seem to shake off, but it wasn't necessarily physical. I was in excruciating emotional pain. I realized I was on the ground and couldn't remember how I got there. All I knew was the pain of my lungs and the tears pouring down my eyes. To think this was such a wonderful day and now I'm lying on the floor without any recollection of what happened. But then it hit me, quite literally actually.

"Aye! Get off the floor. You can't keep wallowing around like this. She broke up with you an hour ago." That was my best friend, Nagyung. I snapped back into reality and everything came flooding back.

"Heeyoung it's over, there's someone else

"Heeyoung it's over, there's someone else. I'm sorry, but we're through." With those words my chest started pounding. I couldn't breath and I felt my legs fall out from beneath me. My whole life for three years just left me, for someone else.

"I told you she was a bitch

"I told you she was a bitch. C'mon," Nagyung said, picking me up off the ground, "let's eat ice cream and watch Netflix." She knew me so well.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

GY POV

I woke up to the sound of yelling

I woke up to the sound of yelling. "Hey! You! You can't sleep here!" It was a police officer. He was yelling at me for sleeping on a park bench.

You see, I'm what you could call homeless. I dropped out of college, which meant no longer living in the dorms and after that my family wanted nothing to do with me. So now I'm trying to make enough money to get off the streets.

"Help wanted." I read aloud the sign on the front of this cafe. "Perfect."

"So what makes you qualified for this job?" The manager, Jiwon, asks, sitting across from me at one of the small tables.

"Well I've been drinking coffee for a very long time." I say, with a serious look.

"Well you're hired. Not because of that comment, but because everyone else I've interviewed have been immature high school students." She said, a hint of annoyance in her voice. "You start Monday."

"Today's Monday." I say as she gets up.

She thinks for a moment. "Then your first shift starts right now."

I look back at her wide-eyed. "Really? That's great. Thanks boss." I say with a big smile as I shake her hand.

"Whatever weirdo." She mumbles as she walks away fixing her hair.

As soon as I'm done suiting up a girl about my age walks in. "First customer." I think to myself. "Hi welcome to The Sunset Cafe. What can I get you?" I ask with a big smile.

"One large coffee, black, like my soul." She says, monotone. She looks like she's been crying. I let out a little laugh, but it just annoys her.

"And what's your name?" I ask with the same fake smile.

"Heeyoung." She says grumpily.