Part 14

Part 14

Moon Byul-Yi's POV

Yong-Sun was busy lining up the pebbles on the ground when I got back from the ice cream parlour. I coughed a little to get her attention and she immediately turned around to face me. She clapped her hands at the sight of the ice cream cups and the Pringles can. I sat on the park bench and she briefly sat beside me.

"Wait."

Yong-Sun curiously stared at me as I put the cups and the can between us. She then huffed at me before she flung her hands to them. I quickly slapped them down. She pouted at me in return. This girl. I pulled out some tissues and I took her hands in mine. I gently wiped the dirt off them. It's a must. She picked the pebbles.

❄ ❄ ❄

I really hated sweets. I barely ate my ice-cream by the time Yong-Sun dumped her ice cream cup into a nearby trash can. She leaped about lightly on her way back to her seat. I offered her my ice-cream and she gladly took it. She hungrily scooped it into her mouth. She stopped eating it from time to time to pat her head.

"Umm, Yong-Sun?"
"I have brain freeze. I feel like exploding."
"Just eat it slower."
"It makes me feel bad. I better eat it fast."
"You hate mocha?"
"No way. I like it. It's better than stobelie."
"Oh. I'm glad then."
"See, the better they are the worst I feel."
"Yes, sure. I get it."

I don't get it at all. Yong-Sun finished my ice-cream in no time. She then proceeded to pry open the Pringles can. I unconsciously smiled while I watched her happily munching the potato snacks. I honestly could do this forever. Doing nothing, watching her. Her quirkiness somehow made me forget those pasts for a change.

"You know. You keep ignoring me."
"I'm just mad at you."
"Why? Did I do something wrong?"

Yong-Sun nodded a few times. She popped a Pringles piece into her mouth before she rested her eyes on me. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat while she stared at me. She raised her fingers, one by one, as she quietly mumbled something. My supposed lover was apparently counting my mistakes. Just what did I do?

"You don't hold my hands anymore."
"So? They're yours."
"You don't call me by any pet name."
"I prefer your name."
"But pet names bring people closer."
"No. I don't think so."
"Hye-Jin calls Whee-In Whee-pups."

What anymore? I never held her hands. I was surprised by her first reasoning but I was more surprised by my reply. It's so cheesy I almost puke. I then thought about her friends. Hell. It was not the pet name that brought them closer. If anything, it annoys the puppy. I heaved a sigh. I seriously did not want to upset her.

"What do I call you then?"
"Princess."
"Pringles? You do love it."
"Princess."
"It's cute. It does suit you."
"Princess."
"Yes. I'll call you Pringles."

I heard her the first time but I refused to comply with her. Her selfish demand made me cringe. I'm not calling anybody princess. She simply puffed her cheeks as she scooted away from me. I would love to squish those puffy cheeks. Be still, my soul. I struggled to hold back my smile as soon as I saw her poking the poor can.

"We don't bully our food, Pringles."
"I hate it."
"You love it just fine a minute ago."
"Humph."
"You feel bad for eating your kin?"

Yong-Sun spontaneously widened her eyes at my witty remark. She furiously gritted her teeth before she quickly ate the potato snacks. I teased her again but she kept ignoring me. We were back to square one. I gave up after a few tries. Yong-Sun was too focused on crushing her relatives. She's one Pringles Monster.

To Be Continued