Chapter 8

I heard the music blasting as I parked my car in the empty space. I don't even know why I bother agreeing to this. I rather spend my Saturday, reading book or watching a movie.

And that's why they labelled you as a nerd, a voice snapped in my mind.

I sigh and reluctantly got out of my car, noticing Kat and Alli's car from across where I stood. I walk inside the house, pushing past people who blocked my way.

Almost everyone already drunk their ass off. And then there's the couple by the corner or the wall, sucking each others faces like their life depends on it. I mean Its nice to know they're into each other but get a room, seriously.

"Hey Maddi!" Alli shouted over the loud music. I smile at her, "Hey." I greeted.

She grabbed my arm and led me to the kitchen where Kat, Hailey and Lily talking happily. "Hey guys!" I said cheerfully.

They turn to me and Kat whistle, "You look smokin hot." she teased.

I scowl, "Please don't."

They laugh at me, "Seriously though. Guys looking at you and you're so oblivious to that fact." Hailey said as she shook her head.

I look around and sure enough, boys are eyeing me up like I'm some piece of meat or something. I shifted my weigh from foot to foot, feeling uncomfortable.

"I wanna go home already." I whined.

Lily laugh, "You just got here silly. Here, have a drink." she said as she hand me a red cup. I smell the cup and sure enough it's beer.

"I don't drink guys." I told them.

They rolled their eyes, "Loosen up Maddi. You lived once. Might as well make it wild and fun." Kat said.

"By drinking, get yourself high and possibly a cancer, you called it fun? Uh no thanks. I'll pass." I replied.

"Jeez Maddi. You're such a nerd and boring person. I don't even know why I hang out with you." Kat snapped and walk away.

Got to say, it hurts me a lot to hear her say that. Soon enough, the others walk out the kitchen feeling disappointed in me. What? I don't drink and that's a big deal.

"Don't mind them. Don't let their pressure you make you do somethin you'll regret later." I heard someone said. I look up and met with a pair of grey eyes. I sigh and look away.

"Come on Maddi. You can't let them make you do stuff like this. If you want to do it then do it willingly. Not under pressure or because your friends do it." he said.

"Shit Ashton. Did you watch Dr Phil or something?" I heard another voice said.

I dare to look up and I saw Andrea with Daniel and Ashton stood there, staring at me sadly. I look at them weirdly, "What?"

They shrug, "Nothing." They answered at the same time and then look at each other and laugh.

"Oookay you're creeping me out so I'm just gonna go." I said slowly and turn around to walk away.

"Hey! Don't leave me with this baboons!" I heard Andrea called out. I look back and see her trying to catch up with me.

"Man I'm out of shape." she muttered once she reached me.

I laugh, "You look nice Drea."  I told her honestly. She smile, "Well glad to hear that. I would strangle you if you said I'm fat." she joked.

I rolled my eyes. "So what happened back there?" she asked. "You know, with your friends?"