1: THE SIX STAGES OF HEART BREAK

WHEN I caught my best friend, Delaney Lambert, in bed with my boyfriend at the time, Xavier Barr, I had seen red. Partially because I felt disgusted in the fact that my own boyfriend refused to 'pop my cherry', because he wanted to wait, and yet here he was with three-inches deep into my best friend (three-inches I say, as he definitely wasn't fortunate in that area). The other partial, was that it had to be my best friend, of all people.

I had lost both my best friend, and the boy who I convinced myself that I was head over heels in love for, on that day.

There were many stages I went through after that traumatic scene. I would say they could be classified as my six simple stages of getting over a broken heart, but then I would tell myself that they broke more than just my heart.

They broke my dignity, my trust, a seven-year long friendship—I could go on. They may as well have pulled my heart out of my chest, stomped on it repeatedly with Delaney's second hand six-inch red bottoms, then knotted all my arteries together, it was that bad.

For my first stage of getting over a broken heart, I turned to anger, obviously. If you weren't angry after that kind of thing happened to you, then you were obviously expecting it.

As much as I would have liked to have stomped into that room and cut Xavier's less-than-adequate.. you know... off with a pair of rusty scissors, I decided on a more conventional and classy approach by storming out of his house, but not without knocking his mother's antique statue over on the way out.

If I had it my way, I would have been incarcerated for life after what I would have done to the both of them.

The second stage, was my emotional, blubbering mess period, much like the third stage, which was my miserable, blubbering mess period. I was lucky enough that the end of the year was quickly approaching, and that I could escape over summer break to be away from them both at school. I was emotional, miserable, all that jazz, because I had just lost the only two people who I considered worthy of being in my life.

I had been such a bitch in my earlier years, that I had missed the opportunity of making friends who wouldn't go along and sit on your boyfriend's penis and call it an accident.

I only blamed myself for that, which was another reason why I was such a mess. Gone was my overly made up face that I wore every day to Lethem's Private, in was the creased blouse, and Gucci under eye bags.

What made things worse, was that Delaney and Xavier had strutted around school with their new-found relationship, not an ounce of guilt on their faces. I was starting to think people were feeling sorry for me, up until they remember about how much of a bitch I was to them.

The fourth stage is my favourite stage. As summer began, my mother had planned a trip with the rest of my family and I, to the Hampton's. Of course, it wasn't a far stretch for my mother to book out a small mansion for two months during summer.