3. "I know how much you love being forced to socialise"

I enter my bedroom, throw my bag on the floor and flop down on the bed. My first day of university is officially done. Not that it was a particularly taxing day because I only had one class; though it was mentally draining to sit and focus for two hours in a classroom environment when I haven't done so since I finished sixth form college over a year ago.

I think back to earlier that day when I first approached the looming building I'd be spending a hell of a lot of time in over the next three years.

The building's architecture gives off the impression it has been built in recent years, the outside boasting a sleek grey design with rows of geometric windows. The large automated doors lead into a spacious lobby with shiny floors that match the pristinely white walls. The only colour comes from the selection of art pieces that are hanging up, proudly displaying the works of present and past students.

I follow a handful of students who look equally nervous as me down the corridor and into Room 112. Apple Macs line the perimeter of the large square room whilst a number of large white tables are dotted about the centre. The other students who are already here have sat down at the tables so I follow suit and perch myself on the nearest stool.

I sit up on my bed, pull my phone out of my pocket and open my messages to Brad. The last one he'd sent me was from this morning, wishing me luck and love for my first day, and suggesting we video chat later. I send him a message asking if he's free to call me now.

I'm gonna use joe's mac, give me 10 mins is his almost instant reply. I send a message of agreement and then grab my laptop, letting it load up as I get comfy on my bed. Whilst I'm waiting for Brad, I get my phone out and scroll through Twitter to pass the time.

There are two other people sat at the table I've chosen to sit at but they're all already deep in a conversation and I'm too awkward to insert myself into it. I dig out my phone instead and open the Twitter app, scrolling through mindlessly through my timeline. I follow numerous The Vamps fans because a lot of them have followed me ever since Tristan posted that drawing I did of him in rehearsals a while ago and tagged me in it. Many of them post things about the boys I find rather amusing - declarations of love and messages of support. Occasionally, I see hate directed towards me but it honestly doesn't bother me that much. I'm used to people disliking me.

As I'm scrolling, one particular tweet catches my eye. It's been retweeted by a fan but the content of the tweet itself is what I'm most confused about. Ella is attending the University of the Arts London. It strikes me as a little odd because I don't know how any of the boys' fans would know that.

I click onto the profile and it appears to be a standard Vamps fan account though they clearly have an affinity for Brad. Can I blame them? Hardly. I scroll through the most recent tweets out of pure curiosity and see they've retweeted a handful of tweets regarding Brad and myself. Some fans have worked out that there's something going on between us despite neither of us speaking publicly about it. We're not making an effort to hide it, necessarily, but we also don't want to stir up drama. Brad and I aren't the kind of people who would care to post about our relationship on social media anyway.

As I'm scrolling, I spot the tweet about me and tap on it. Someone had replied asking them how do you know?. The account has replied saying I saw her on a night out at the uni's student bar on Friday, it was a Fresher's week event.

The monotonous bleeping coming through my laptop speakers draws me from my thoughts and I toss my phone down on the bed, turning my attention to the computer in front of me. I click 'accept' and Brad's face immediately appears on the large screen. He appears to be in a hotel room and I spot Joe milling around somewhere behind him.