6. "Bradley was very good"

Quick A/N: just want to say that I'm sorry for the lack of updates on this story. Without divulging too much, I've been having some physical health issues over the past few months and my mental health on a bit of decline ever since (big shout-out to all my fellow anxiety-ridden gals out there ✌️) so my motivation to write has suffered as a result. But please know that I'm still fully invested in this story and that I'll keep writing and posting, even if takes me eighty-five years to finish it (I promise it won't). Thank you for bearing with me and for all the comments and messages, they're always appreciated 😊

EDIT 17/10/19: Thank you to one of my readers, @00Eris00, for creating the above drawing for this chapter, she's a star!

Returning to university on Monday morning fills me with nothing but sheer sadness. Brad drops me off near the building where my 10AM art history lecture is taking place and after an elongated goodbye, I reluctantly leave the comfort of his arms and find my lecture room. On walking inside, I spot Lindie sat on the back row. She throws me a small wave so I walk up to join her.

Since that first class, Lindie and I had made an unspoken agreement to stick with each other. We have lots in common; music taste, fashion choices and a dislike for many other students on this course. Not that I've spoken much to the other students but from what I'd seen in our classes so far, I know there are an abundance of loud personalities I have no desire to compete with.

I slide into the chair next to her and shoot her a friendly grin.

"How was your weekend?" She asks as I settle in and dump my bag on the floor beside me.

"Great" I can't help but smile as my mind wanders back to my entire weekend spent wrapped up in Brad.

"Spend it with the boyfriend?"

"Uh-huh" I nod, "didn't want to come back"

I hadn't told Lindie much regarding my relationship, the main reason being my lack of trust in people with respect to my links with 'celebrities'. I'm sure she wouldn't care and likely wasn't a fan of The Vamps anyway but by nature, I was still keeping my guard up.

That, and when she'd mentioned her single status last week, her tone of voice was nothing but disgruntled and I don't want to rub my relationship in her face.

"Don't blame you" she hums.

"What about you? Do anything nice?" I question as I pull my notepad out of my bag, along with a pen, ready to take notes when the lecture starts.

"Not particularly, me and some of my flatmates went out Friday but it was pretty uneventful" she relays to me briefly, "does your boyfriend live far away?"

"Not really, it's further North but still in London, roughly forty minutes away with traffic" I explain, "he has a car so he drove me back"

"Oh, that's good" she nods, "does he live with anyone else?"

"Nppe" I tell her, "he used to live with my brother - they're best mates, but it's so much better not having him trying to cock-block us every five minutes"

"I can imagine," she says with a small smile. She opens her mouth to say something else but then the teacher starts the lecture and everyone's attention turns to him.

I try my hardest to concentrate, at first, but the lecturers' voice is extremely monotonous and I find myself using my pen to doodle cartoon depictions of me and Brad in the corner of my notepad rather than using it to take notes. Just as I'm finishing the details on Brad's guitar, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pull it out to see a message from the man himself.