The New Kid At School (chapter 3)

Today would be my first day of school. I was nervous but excited at the same time. Mummy was driving me and we were in a rush. School was supposed to start at 9am and it was already 9:10. Being late on your first day of school; great way to start.

We pulled into the parking lot where a class was doing sport. My mummy opened the door and let me out. I started walking towards the office when my mummy pulled me back to the side of the car.

“Emily, You put your dress on inside out again!” She half yelled and started unzipping my dress. Just as I stepped out of the dress so my mummy could fix it a girl came around the corner.

“Don’t worry; it’s just the new fat girl!” The girl yelled back to the class. She turned back to look at me and smiled and started running back. I wanted to cry but I tried my hardest not to, unfortunately I failed horribly.

“Don’t worry baby, you’re beautiful in every way and she shouldn’t be saying things like that when she doesn’t even know you!” My mummy said kissing my cheek. I stopped crying and smiled instead.

We made our way to the office and my mum explained to them why I was late. I found out that the class in the parking lot doing sport was my class.

My mum walked me through the parking lot and started talking to the teacher as all the students gathered around us. I searched through the sea of faces till I came across a familiar looking face.

It was Beau! His smile stretched from ear to ear. He never told me he went to this school so I was quite surprised. I ran to him and hugged him quite tightly. He laughed and so did I.

“When were you going to tell me you went to this school?” I asked loudly. He smiled and didn’t answer. His smile quickly disappeared and then swallowed even though there was nothing in his mouth.

I turned and saw two giant brown eyes like daggers glaring at me. I saw my mum had left, so it just left the class, me and the teacher. She didn’t look happy.

“First you come late then you interrupt my class by being loud and talkative, great way to start miss Smith, please don’t make a habit of it.” She yelled anger filling her voice. I nodded then moved away from her, closer to Beau and grabbing his arm and holding onto it for support. The teacher scared me... a lot but I wasn’t going to let her get to me.

We were put into two teams, luckily I was put into the same team as Beau and we started playing basketball. I have never been good at sport so I tried my hardest to avoid the ball at all cost.

Beau came up to me looking worried. “What’s wrong?” He asked out of breath.

“I’m just not good at sport.” I answered crossing my arms and looking at Beau. He gave me a weak smile then started looking around. He looked over my shoulder then back at me and smiled.

“Follow me!” He said pulling my arm dragging me away from the class, out of the parking lot, towards the grassy field and around the corner of a big brick building.

“What are you doing?” I asked confused at what he was doing. I pulled my arm out of his hand and looked at him.

“I thought you didn’t want to play sport.” He answered looking just as confused as I was.

“But I don’t want her to yell at me, and I don’t want you to get in trouble for me!” I stated worried about getting caught.

“Don’t worry about it Emily, We won’t get caught, I promise!” He said smiling. I know I haven’t known him long but we are best friends.

“Okay, I trust you.” I said smiling.

We sat down on the grass behind the big building which Beau told me was the library. We sat and played a lot of games like mercy and Chinese chopsticks, He always won. We started telling jokes when we heard our names.

WHERE IS BEAU AND EMILY?” we knew it was Miss Vincent, the teacher, so we started running back to the class.

We reached the Class and everyone started staring at us. I felt really uncomfortable. The teacher didn’t look too pleased either.

“And what exactly were you two doing?” She asked placing her hands on her hips and standing tall. I couldn’t tell her we ran off, so I lied.

“Sorry Miss I... um... I-I needed to go toilet!” I said. I didn’t feel good about lying but I wouldn’t feel good if Beau got in trouble so lying it was.

She actually believed me then death stared Beau. “And you Mr Brooks?”

“I-I-I left m-my j-jumper on the f-f-field...ummm.... yeh.” Beau stuttered, his bottom lip shaking. I felt bad for letting him do that. I could tell he was hurting, he mustn’t like lying either.

The teacher surprisingly believed us and the entire class started walking back to the class room. I was walking with Beau when a group of kids came up to us, 2 girls and 3 boys; one of the girls was the one that called me fat. They made a circle around us and then started teasing us.

“Poor boy and fatty sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!” One girl sang. I felt hurt. I wanted to cry but I held strong. I gripped Beau’s arm and held on tight. I turned my head to face him and he only gave me a half smile, I knew he was upset about it too.

“Maybe fatty can give you some of her food so your family doesn’t starve!” One of the boys said coming uncomfortably close to us. I hid behind Beau when one of the girls pulled me away from him.

I saw one of the boys push Beau to the ground and soon the other boys joined in on kicking him. I tried to run to him but the girls held me by my hair so if I did anything they would pull hard. I felt terrible. My first day of school has been so horrible. I let the tears run freely down my face running to my lips so I could taste the saltiness of them.

I felt the girl loosen her grip on my hair and I ran. I ran to the closest boy and pushed him to the ground.

DON’T TOUCH HIM!” I screamed over and over looking at each boy. I looked down at the boy I pushed to see his knees bleeding. The other boys looked at me with fear written on their face. I walked towards Beau and helped him sit up. I turned my head to notice the kids had left.

I looked at Beau, blood on his arms from grazes. His cheeks and legs started to turn a shade of blue. I let more tears fall down my face and land on Beau. He looked up at me and wiped the tears away from my face.

I sat there with Beau for a while trying to calm down from what just happened. I let my eyes turn back to their normal colour instead of being red and we started heading to class.

School was hard from this point forward.

________________________________________

I KNOW I UPLOADED A DAY EARLY, MIGHT NOT ME ABLE TO UPLOAD TOMORROW, SO FEEL SPECIAL!! :)

OKAY SO I WANT TO TRY SOMETHING!!! 10 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER BECAUSE UPDATING EVERY 5 DAYS IS DIFFICULT (ESPECIALLY WITH THIS STORY LINE), SO I WILL CONTINUE TO WRITE DURING THE DAYS I DONT UPLOAD AND UPLOAD ONCE I HAVE THE VOTES!!! IF I NEED MORE TIME I WILL LENGTHEN THE AMOUNT OF VOTES.