CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
LOCKED IN

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

     "You did what?"

It had been a few days since Rowan had came out to Caroline in the middle of the woods, and she had seen very little of Elena since, avoiding her as she tried to figure out what exactly she felt for the brunette girl. Caroline, on the other hand, Rowan had seen a lot of, simply because the blonde girl was eager to offer up her expertise when it came to feelings and getting people together. She had been dividing her attention between Rowan and Tyler, trying to help them both as much as she could. Rowan, she claimed, was the easiest one to help, because at least her problem was something Caroline had dealt with before. The same couldn't be said about Tyler.

Rowan and Caroline were at the Grill now, enjoying lunch with Bonnie, who had been over at Elena's. Bonnie had been busy with the moonstone the past few days, trying to figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone to make it useless. She had also been busy keeping an eye on Elena. The doppelgänger had turned full sacrificial lamb after talking to Katherine, apparently convinced that it was hopeless to try and save her, and that everyone who tried was doomed. That was another reason why Rowan was avoiding her. She was afraid she would say something she'd regret if she saw Elena's face. Elena turning herself over to the Originals, with no regard for what that would do to the people she claimed to be protecting, hadn't pleased her in the slightest. She was just lucky that Damon had stopped Elena before she could go through with it.

Still, no matter how angry she was about it, Rowan didn't think locking her inside her own home was a very good solution.

"I locked Elena inside of her house," Bonnie said casually, like she was speaking about the weather. She speared a cherry tomato with her fork, completely ignoring Caroline's look of disbelief and Rowan's look of anger. Bonnie knew fully well her decision was controversial, and she also knew fully well who would support it and who wouldn't. She'd been ready for the argument with Rowan before she even left Elena's house. She glanced up from her salad to meet Rowan's angry glare. "It's temporary, Rowan. Don't look at me like that."

"I'll look at you however the fuck I want," was Rowan's immediate response. Bonnie just rolled her eyes, used to Rowan's venom, and took a sip of her sweet tea. Rowan looked at Caroline incredulously, hoping to have some backup in defending Elena's right to, at least, leave her house. She didn't receive any, mainly because Caroline was too busy scarfing down a cheeseburger. Rowan had been trying to bury her own cravings for blood by eating food too, and while it did work to some extent, Rowan didn't think it worked as well for her as it did for Caroline. Caroline was naturally good at controlling her, the food just helped her. Rowan couldn't say the same.