Chap 7

-

You’ve been bugging her all day. But she won’t give you a single clue. You’ve tried pouting and your marvellous puppy face, but not even that worked.

“I’m sure you’ll love it.” She tells you at the end of the afternoon out in the balcony after she blows out some smoke.

You pout. Then you see her smirk. You roll your eyes, annoyed and frustrated.

“Why won’t you tell me?”

“Because it’s a surprise, love.”

You groan. You love surprises but you hate the wait.

“You’ll so love it.” She drags and smiles smugly in your direction.

And then it occurs to you, “I haven’t got anything for you though, Cara.”

Her smirk deepens and so does her voice.

“Oh, you do. Don’t worry.”

-

After a late night dinner your heart beats faster in anticipation. Cara’s been awfully quiet and it made you slightly uneasy. You’re not sure if she’s just tired or up to something. Her foot’s been tapping the mattress. You wonder if she’s anxious about something and if that something has something to do with what she’s got in store for you.

She gets up suddenly and it startles you. You watch her rummage through her suitcase. She grabs something and you furrow your eyes trying to figure out what it is. When you see it’s just a pink garment, you can’t help but to be disappointed. That can’t be your surprise.

“Are you going out?” You ask insecurely.

She shakes her head.

We are going out.”

 “Cara…”

-

So, by going out she meant going for a late night swim. You’re not disappointed at all. Seeing Cara in a small bikini is always a win. Besides, the rooftop is completely deserted, which means you get to kiss her whenever you want.

You discarded your clothes and towels next to the border. You were expecting the coldest water ever, but instead you find it’s even warmer than during the day. Way warmer. In fact, it’s so warm you don’t even wait for Cara to finish taking her own clothes off. You dive in and when you come up, you find her looking at you oddly.

“Who are you and what have you done to my girlfriend?”

You laugh as you feel the butterflies fluttering wildly around your stomach. Even after months you still haven’t taken the word ‘girlfriend’ for granted.