losing face

summary: a pirate au in the naruto universe, the akatsuki (minus itachi) + team taka are up against the formidable pirates of konoha

ships: sasusaku

disclaimer(s): blood, violence, gore, angst, kidnapping, angst only

pov: third person

words: 4399 

"grandma! they're closing in on us!"

"i can see that naruto." lady tsunade, the captain of the SS Konoha watched as a dark ship with the writing 'akatsukis revenge' plastered onto it floated closer and closer to theirs.

"all hands on deck! it's the akatsuki! everyone to your stations, now!" tsunade ordered.

her right hand women, shizune quickly fumbling down into the med bay which was by the hull of the ship.

team 8, which consisted of their leader kurenai and three members; hinata, shino and kiba were all assigned to the stern of the ship in the captain's cabin where there were windows.

hinata was tasked to keep an eye out towards the back in case of any surprise attacks, due to being blessed with excellent eyesight.

shino and kiba were in charge of communication. using their special sidekicks (bugs and a dog, strange right?) to communicate back and forth with the crew and make sure everything runs smoothly.

kurenai's role is to provide diversions and lead her team.

team 10, which consisted of their leader asuma and three members; ino, choji and shikamaru. they're tasked by the back shrouds.

ino and shikamaru are tasked with handling any situation that involves the enemy making it aboard to the ship. they have special abilities that help stop people's mind and bodies.

choji is in charge of the stern chasers (light canon's) he's the only man who's big enough to handle them.

team 3, or more commonly known as team guy is leaded by you guessed it, guy. they consist of three members; lee, tenten and neji. they're tasked at the bow (front) of the ship.

guy and lee are positioned at the bowsprit and are their main line of offence when it comes to charging attacks. they usually jump to the other ships and attack men from there.

tenten is in charge of the swing guns and any other weapons that may be of use up front. another heavy part of their offence.

neji is another one of their watchers. similar to his cousin, hinata, he keeps an eye out for any oncoming surprise attacks or canon blasts. he's positioned as close to the front as possible.

and finally, team 7. by far the best and strongest part of the SS Konoha's offence and defence.

lead by the famous hatake kakashi and co-captain yamato, the even more famous members include; naruto, sakura, sai and the now rogue sasuke.

the team is located at the main deck of the ship all specializing in both offence and defence.

naruto located by the gun deck where all the heaviest guns are located. he easily can use them as both offence and defence. next in line to be captain of the ship, after kakashi of course.

sakura, who usually spends her time down in the med bay as she's head of the medical team now, recently over taking tsunade's position and surpassing her as well as her superior, shizune. when she's not working in the medbay, she's up on deck with the lighter guns supporting naruto with heavy offence. she's blessed with super strength, similar to tsunade, who's her master.