Chapter 4

I open the door, breathing in the air. It was nice to not be in the small apartment. It felt good to be outside.
"You Okay Lennu? Kitty rests a hand on my shoulder.
I shake my head clear. "Just feels good to be out. I was going stir crazy."
Kitty nods. "Yeah."
"Anyway, shall we?" I extend a hand to her.
Kitty grabs my hand with enthusiasm and we step off into the afternoon light.

"So where you thinking? It looked like there was a small café a few shops back, I'm guessing that's some kind of fast food across the street, and," I squint against the sun, "if my eyes still work it looks like there's some kind of sit down fancy restaurant ahead. What do you think?"
Kitty's ears twitch thoughtfully. "I think I like fancy."
"Coolio."
The two of us press forward, heading towards the mysterious restaurant.
I inhale deeply. "Mmm I think you made the right choice Kit Kat, it smells good."
Kitty mimics my action before letting out a happy sigh. "Let's go inside." She pushes in the door with me following close behind.
The lighting is low and classy and soft violin drifts through the air and I suddenly feel massively underdressed. I notice the stuffy looking maitre d has the same thought. He sniffs at the two of us, Kitty doesn't seem to notice.
"Do you have a reservation?" He lowers his glasses to peer at us skeptically.
Kitty looks at me. "Do we?"
I wrinkle my brow. "Should we?"
"It's your fic, I was wondering if you'd make us magically have reservations." She shrugs.
"No reservations, no service." A smug smile crosses Stuffy's face.
"Oh we have reservations, it's under 'suck my entire ass.'" I respond.
The maitre d flushes. "That kind of language is not allowed here."
"Eat a dick."
"I'll take it there's no magical reservations?" Kitty sighs.
I shrug. "I mean, if this asshole would check, maybe there would be reservations under 'suck my entire ass' but I guess boy doesn't know how to do his job properly so there you go."
Kitty steps forward. "Can you check sir? Please?"
"Humor us."
He rolls his eyes before scanning his list. A look of confusion wrinkles his brow.
"Apparently," Stuffy clears his throat, "there is a reservation here under..that. My apologies."
I snort. "Yeah make sure it doesn't happen again."
He nods but avoids our eyes. "Right this way."
We follow Stuffy to our table and take our seats. He mutters something about a waiter arriving shortly before returning to the front of the restaurant.
"So," I grin, "nice place." I look around letting out a low whistle. "Pretty fancy."
Kitty nods also examining our current surroundings.
"Makes you feel underdressed. I mean, that guy over there looks pretty spiffy." I nod towards another customer.
Kitty follows my gaze and gasps. "That's Jumin!"
"What? You're sure?" I crane my neck, trying to get a better look. Low and behold, it's none other than Mr. Trust Fund Kid himself, typing away on his phone, paying no attention to the old man and younger woman before him.
"You think that's his fathers new babe Jumin's always bitching about?"
Kitty shrugs. "Probably."
I feel my phone vibrate. "Looks like a chatroom opened."
I unlocked my phone to boot up the app and I watch Kitty do the same.

Jumin Han: Hello, Kitty and Lenny, have you eaten lunch yet?
Lenny: Look behind you and see for yourself

Jumin looks up from his phone and scans the restaurant.

Jumin Han: Where?
Lenny: Who else in this restaurant looks half cat

Jumin scans again and locks eyes with Kitty who gives him a little wave.

Jumin Han: That's less than half.
Lenny: I can't fucking math, I'm a theatre major
Kitty: Hi Jumin! We see you!

We watch as Jumin turns to his father and say something to him but I can't make out the words. Mr. Han sighs but nods and Jumin turns and stands before walking towards us.
"It's good to finally meet." He extends a hand to Kitty.
She tackles him into a hug. "You smell like cat!"
"I-thanks?" He looks surprised by...well, Kitty.
I notice his hands raising up to rub her ears causing her to purr.
"Incredible. These are attached to you?" He smooths the soft fur.
"Trust me, they are. There's a reason we call her Kitty." I snort and extend a hand. "Nice to meet you in person Jumin."
"You're Lenny." He wraps his large hand around my tiny one.
"The one and only."
Kitty returns to her seat and motions for Jumin to join us. "What are you doing here anyway?" She asks.
"My father wanted me to meet his new fiancée." Jumin responds, moving into the chair next to next to us.
"Fiancée? I thought you said he just got divorced a few weeks ago?" I meet his eyes.
Jumin sighs. "Yes, that is correct. My father isn't one to think these sorts of things through."
I wince. "Yikes, sorry buddy. I wish you the best."
"I appreciate it, but, pardon me asking, what are you two doing here? This restaurant is known for being exclusive."
"And you don't think we fit that type?" I look at him amused.
"Given your past encounters with the law, I'd assume no." He says bluntly.
"Lennu had reservations!"
"Really?" Jumin looks skeptical.
"Yeah they were under 'eat my entire ass' surprisingly."
"She's not kidding." Kitty notices Jumin's bewildered look. "Lennu said it as a joke but they had it listed so here we are." 
I nod. "Yep, some times a well placed curse will get you far."
"I'll keep that in mind."
Bzzt! Jumin's cell buzzes insistently. He unlocks it and sighs.
"Your dad?" Kitty asks.
"Unfortunately." He looks over to his table where Mr. Han is beckoning. "He says I'm being rude and I suppose he's right. It's been a pleasure to finally meet you." He nods to the both you f us before returning to his own table.
"Well," I turn to my feline companion, "that was Jumin Han."