Love, Child: Ch. 1

The Castle was shaking violently, knocking everyone out of bed.

In a state of panic, they all ran to the bridge finding Allura and Coran struggling with controls.

"Princess, what's happening?"

"Some sort of storm is disrupting the controls, we've been trying to regain the helm but it's as if something is forcing it from the other side."
Allura explained, appearing as if she were playing little game of tug-of-war with the reins.

"Is there anything we can do?" Shiro asked, walking up to her.

"Get in your lions and see if you can identify the anomaly," Coran ordered, looking towards the bay.

They all nodded and did as they were told, getting out of the castle. Upon leaving, they saw the brightest blue in the midst of yellow circling the rift in the sky.

"What is that?" Hunk asked into the intercom, the object blaring a sort of siren into their ears.

Pidge was the first to identify it. "It's-"

A sudden explosion resonated within the center of the hole. Everyone's attention turned to it as a ship flew straight through.

Watching it crash land into a nearby planet, the portal closed and all that was left were questions.

"What the heck was that?" Lance yelled, sending everyone chills.

"I was going to say it was the same portal that- that we went through when we traveled to that alternate universe."

"Scanning for biorhythms," Hunk called as they heard a beep from the mic.

"There's- life from that pod."

Everyone stopped. The only sounds heard were the unsteady breathing from the others.

"Do you think-"

"It can't-"

They all regained focus and headed towards the sight where it had crashed.

"Be careful, Paladins. We don't know which universe that could be from." Coran warned. Everyone grunted in agreement.

Slowly but surely, they went into the atmosphere of the planet. Pidge sent out a signal to the ship explaining that they had no intentions of attacking unless absolutely needed.

Distorted words came from the unknown craft. "Please- Home- Dad-"

Lance felt something uneasy in his chest. Keith did too. It was the kind of unease that could tear them limb from limb if one thing went wrong. The voice sounded familiar, like a dream of some sort.

They landed and deformed Voltron, concerned and prepared.

"What if- what if it isn't what we think it is?" Keith sounded afraid, and he had every right to be.

"Guess we'll just have to find out," Lance reassured him, they both had the same sense of anxiety in them.

Shiro was the first to exit his lion, then the others fell behind him. Slowly they crept towards it, hearing the rustling of metal. Something let out a groan of pain, making them stop dead in their tracks.

As the sound of metal sheets clashing together grew louder, so did their heartbeats. Something started to emerge from the rubble.

"No way." Lance gasped as the figure came into view.

"Is that... No, it can't be." Hunk pondered, scaring it a little.

It started to plead.

"Please don't hurt me! I don't mean any harm! I just want to go back-"

"Home..."

His sobs degraded into sniffles as he looked at them, analyzing the area and what happened.

Everyone saw him staring at something. Er, someone. They looked in the direction and realized what was going on.

"...Dads?"

Silence rung in their ears. One thing audible was a gasp from Keith, confused yet somehow relieved. It was a heartfelt moment of a sort, as the two- three stared at each other in disbelief. The boy from the spacecraft broke the unsheathed barrier of inaudibility with sobs.

"Papá, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to- Well I did- but I just wanted to-" he got down on the floor crying, making Lance lunge towards him in an attempt to save him from reaching the ground.

The boy threw himself into Lance's arms as the sobs grew louder, concerning the paladins. Lance turned to look at the others with an expression of how do I comfort on his face, causing them to shrug. Lance pouted his lips and turned back to the boy who continued to sob in his shoulder.

"I know you said not to but I couldn't help it! I wanted to be like you and papá because you guys were so-" his breathing was short and hitched in his throat as his tears soaked into Lance's black skin-tight suit.

Lance took an attempt to calm him down. "Hey, shhhh, it's okay. You're safe now, that's all that matters." He stroked his hair soothingly as he cooed, the boy quieted down further. Lance smiled at him like this was a routine, scaring him internally.

Still, in his arms, Lance lifted up the boy princess style and turned to face the others, the child half asleep. He started to mumble as he fell into a slumber.

"I love you, dad..."

Lance's heart started to pick up. Did he just call me Dad? He mouthed to Shiro who giggled at it, the others smiling stupidly.
==============================