Chapter 5

"Shiro! You found him?" Keith exclaimed, all of their hearts relieved. He nodded, "Yeah, Taylor and I were discussing his birthday." Everyone got confused by the birthday part, but Shiro winked and they played along.

"Ay, Taylor Sanchez McClain-Kogane. Don't ever scare us like that again!" Lance cried as he threw himself towards the child, who got his cheeks smothered with kisses.

"Daaaaad! Do you have to say my whole name everytime you find me?" Taylor whined, smiling as his dad squished his cheeks. Lance only realized what he had done and frantically stood up, dusting himself off.

He coughed into a fist, "Sorry, mijo. I just got so worried!" He tried redeeming his pride as the others snickered at the act of affection. Keith walked forward and picked him up. "Please, tell us next time when you want to go exploring, okay?" Keith booped Taylor's nose with his own and the child made the same sound that resembled bells chiming from the heavens.

"I promise, papá." He giggled and leaned his head into the crook of Keith's neck, making him go all soft and fuzzy. He sighed and brushed a hair out of his face. Lance stood next to him and did the most impulsive thing he'd ever imagine.

He wrapped his arm around Keith's waist, and placed his other hand on Taylor's cheek. I wish this could last forever.

He could feel Keith's body temperature rise, and it maked him giggle softly. He shook it off and turned back to the child.

"Go to sleep, Taylor. You've had a long day." Keith whispered softly. As if it were a wish, he instantly fell asleep, the others feeling the warmth and tension in the atmosphere.
==============================

They had set him down in Lance's room and had a meeting in the dining room.

"Okay, we need to clear all of this up." Pidge clearly stated, everyone grunting in agreement.

"He looked like he knew everything and everyone here. I mean, he wasn't even lost, just sitting around." Shiro was swinging his legs, remembering how at home the child looked.

"Do we just come out clean? Do we take it slow? How are we going to tell a 9-year old that he entered a rip in the sky that flung him into an alternate universe that he isn't even alive in?" Hunk rambled, pacing back and forth in front of the fathers. They were back to back leaning on the table, still uncomfortable yet relieved.

"Well, he knew how to fly a ship. Maybe he's knowledgeable of some things." Allura said. It did seem a good reason.

Keith chimed in. "But when do we tell him? He's calm by now, but something isn't right. He seems anxious."

"Well, about that..."

Everyone turned to face Shiro, who fidgeted his fingers. He gave a meek smile, "He's sorta, turning 10 in 4 days?"

"Oh quick."

"And I sorta made a promise that I'd give him a surprise gift? On that day?" He felt as if he were digging his own grave, but that's all he wanted to lie in right now.

"And why did you say that?" Lance asked, rubbing his temples. "Well, I had to figure out his name somehow!" Shiro retorted.

"Speaking of, Lance. How did you know his full name when we didn't even know his first?" Pidge questioned, making the blue boy go red.

"I-I don't know. It's like I said earlier, it's like our minds are being updated?" He scratched his neck, staring at the ceiling. "Maybe this is normal?"

Allura pondered. "Actually, that doesn't make any sense. Remember when we went to the dimension where the Alteans took over, and they praised me? I didn't remember any of it, so how would that make sense?"

Everyone sat there confused. This whole mess was screwing their brains, and they didn't even know how to get him home.

"Maybe, maybe he's not from a different universe."

Everyone turned to face Coran, who decided to say his thoughts on it.

"I mean, what if he's from the future? Maybe that's why Lance and Keith's brains are being updated. A part of them is moving into the future."

The thought of them having a child made them flustered. Anyone could see the red paladin actually red, and the blue paladin had his blood drained from his face.

"Maybe I have an idea!"