Recipe page 4

"It was absolutely delicious," Shen said admiringly. "You pamper me a lot."

"You deserve it," Yunlan took the last dumpling with his chopsticks and placed it in front of Shen Wei's lips. "Look at those plump lips! Gosh, I sooo missed them... him... all of it!"

Shen took the dumpling with a smile and gulped down the rest of his wine. Even though it was a special wine, his head was starting to feel light. Yunlan got up and cleared a few plates from the table to make space for the sweet dessert. Shen Wei jumped from his seat to help him.

"No, no," Yunlan protested. "I will do it."

"But you prepared all of this, I can at least do the dishes."

"No one is going to do the dishes today," Yunlan smirked with mischief sparkling in his eyes. That look shot Shen Wei with a myriads of images flashing through his head.

"I feel restless seeing you do all the work," Shen admitted and took the empty glasses from the table. Yunlan, however, stopped him when Shen wanted to bring them to the sink. He took the glasses from Shen Wei' s hands and put them aside.

"You are taking care of me all the time," Yunlan stroked Shen's cheek with his hand. "Let me take care of you for once." He leaned closer and kissed Shen. He could feel the man flutter under his touch. When they broke for some oxygen, Yunlan continued in seducing the man. "We have some yummy dessert as well. How about we move to the bedroom and I will bring it along?"

Shen's face reddened upon hearing that, but he did not protest. He let Yunlan fetch the ice-cream and cream and in the meantime walked around the place to blow out all the candles.

Yunlan was surprised by the action. "Eh? What are you doing? You do not like it?" 

"I do," Shen placed the few candles he blew off on an empty tray. "But we should be careful about the fire. It is already hot in here because of all the candles. I do not want the place to burn down."

"Ah... okay..." Yunlan was already used to Shen being the more responsible one, but he was ruining all the 365 candles Yunlan carefully placed around.

Shen brought the tray with a pile of candles on it. "The fire alarm might activate itself as well. Safety first."

Upon hearing about the alarm, Yunlan's eyes unconsciously wandered in the direction of the device. Shen Wei noticed that gaze and walked past Yunlan to see the fire alarm, but Yunlan was faster in catching his attention. He took hold of Shen's hand and pulled him closer into another kiss. 

Shen's head was instantly empty of all worries about fire alarm and candles. He let Yunlan to push him against the wall in rough lip-lock and even dared to touch the hot skin under Yunlan's shirt with his fingers. 

Yunlan broke the kiss first. "You are one worry head." He placed a kiss on Shen's forehead. "The candles are safe." Yunlan kissed the man's nape, smiling when Shen pulled on his hair under the soft yet provocative contact. "Do not worry. Today is a worry-free day, it is our day," Yunlan said in a low voice and kissed Shen again, this time with more force.

Shen's lips were burning for more, but he wanted to say something first before his thoughts gets shattered in an explosion of emotions. "I really want to thank you for the surprise," he nuzzled Yunlan's neck.

"I know a way how you can thank me," Yunlan reached to Shen's waist.

"I was really looking forward to be back home, with you," Shen started. He took Yunlan's hands into his own and looked into Yunlan's eyes with a look overflowing with love. "I had a very hard week on the conference and I missed you so much... Seeing all the candles, the flowers, the delicious homemade food... I... I was taken aback. It must have taken you a lot of time to prepare this all. I know you are terribly busy at work now... I do not think I deserve so much of your time." Yunlan wanted to protest, but Shen stopped him by continuing. "To be honest... For all the work I had I forgot to prepare something for our anniversary. I... I am really terribly sorry for that."