stressed out ° dao ming si

AT first, a few days seemed harmless. It was probably just University work bothering her, but when days turned to weeks, something was obviously happening. He intended to know what was.

He arrived at her dorm with the rest of the F4, receiving the anticipated stares and a few glares.

As he was about to walk up the wooden stairs, Meizuo pulled him back, "What's your game plan?"

Dao Ming Si furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm just worried about my girlfriend, okay. I don't need a game plan."

"Maybe just give her some time-" Ximen started to say before getting cut off by Si.

"I think three weeks is more than enough time." He retorted, proceeding to walk up the stairs. Footsteps loud from his heavy shoes.

He reached her door and twisted the knob, only to find it locked. He knocked gently three times. It took a few seconds for him to hear the door unlock.

The door was opened from the other side, opened just enough for her to peek at who was trying to bother her. Her eyes widened at the sight of her boyfriend, looking at her worriedly.

She threw the door open and didn't hesitate to throw her arms around his torso, burying her face into his chest.

Dao Ming Si was startled but regained composure as soon as he heard soft sniffles coming from her. He broke their embrace and led her into the room, closing the door behind him.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Seeing her cry made him seethe. Who dared to hurt the most important to him? He would beat them up without a second thought.

"I'm burnt out, Ah Si. I can't do this anymore." She sobbed into her hands, crouching down on the floor. Dao Ming Si knelt down and wrapped his arms around her, burying her face unto him.

"You need a break, okay?" He rubbed a hand down her back soothingly, trying to calm her down.

"No, I can't stop now, I'm so far behind and I can't afford to fail—"

"No. Your health is more important. You're more important." His voice cracked in the end, a tear dared to prickle his eye. His heart broke at the sight of his lover being so distraught.

In the floor of her dark room, the two calmed each other down.

.

They found themselves on the bed, his arms wrapped around her tightly, her back to his chest.

"I thought something bad had happened to you. You made me worry my ass off, silly girl. Almost a month of no contact made me go nuts." He whispered, stroking her hair.

She let out a mumble, "I'm sorry." She turned, now facing her boyfriend. She looked at his frowning face and let a cold hand rest on his cheek. His features softened.

"It's okay. I'm glad you're okay. I just need you to stop overworking yourself and forgetting to take care of yourself. It's unhealthy." He didn't want to scold her, as it wasn't her own fault.

"I care about you, okay? A lot. And I don't know what I would do with myself if I lost you or if something happened to you."

"I love you." She responded that instead, knowing it would put both of them at ease. He smiled, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

started using 3rd person because i found it more comfortable and i avoided using y/n because it looked kind of informal. but i might use it soon enough when i really need to.