three

-2002 Mark is 12 Jackson is 13-

"Jacks?" Mark says quietly, still feeling a bit uncomfortable around him.

"Yeah?" Jackson smiles, his smile falling when he sees Mark frowning. "What's wrong?"

"I-I need to tell you something," Mark says, rubbing his hands together nervously.

"You know you're my best friend, you can tell me anything," Jackson says, rubbing Mark's back gently.

"I-I'm gay." Mark says, looking away from Jackson. Jackson puts his thumb on Mark's chin, turning his face towards him.

"I am too Mark, I'm proud of you for telling me, I'm really proud. It takes a lot Mark and I'm really glad you are opening up to me. I'm so proud of you," Jackson says, Mark smiling gently.

"I-I don't know what to do Jacks." Mark whispers, Jackson pulling him against his side, since they are sitting on the bed. Mark lays his head on Jackson's shoulder, Jackson smiling at the action.

"About what?" Jackson rubs his shoulder, pulling him closer.

"How do I tell my parents?" Mark looks at Jackson, worry clear in his eyes.

"I'll be there right beside you, they will love you and accept you no matter what." Jackson says softly, still holding Mark tightly.

"Thank you, for everything Jackson, even if I don't usually show it," Mark smiles, Jackson returning it.

"Well, you're my best friend, it's my job to be here for you," Jackson smiles, scrunching his nose a bit.

"And you're my best friend too," Mark giggles, snuggling into Jackson. And at that moment, Jackson knew he didn't want to be anywhere else.