Chapter 1: Birth of Evil

The full moon was high in the sky as its pale bluish light glowed in the darkness of the night. At such an ungodly hour, most people would be asleep. However, at a derelict looking shrine, a group of people were wide awake. If anyone were in the area, they would hear the screams of a woman who was in more than a little pain. And if you were to listen closely, you would be able to hear the sound of several other people chanting in a tongue that was highly uncommon to the people of the land.

Inside the shrine was a group of people dressed in pitch black robes. Each one of them also wore a circular pendant with an inverted triangle and wielded a tri-bladed scythe. In front of each figure was either a man or a woman, all of whom were bound, gagged and present against their will. They were all dressed in regal looking kimonos and looked particularly well to do.

In the center of this gathering was a nude woman laying on top of a small bed. Like the robed figures surrounding her, this woman wore the same pendant they wore; a circle with an inverted triangle inside. She had long jet black hair and a beautiful face. Well, it would be beautiful, if said woman wasn't in so much pain. The reason for her pain had to do with the fact that this woman was in the middle of childbirth. The life that she had been carrying for the past nine months was ready to leave the womb.

Along with the woman was another cloaked figure to tend to the needs of the soon to be mother and the soon to be born child.

"Jashin-sama, we are gathered here on this night so that we may welcome the newest member of your loyal followers into this world. We, your loyal servants, humbly ask that you bestow upon this child with your most sacred of blessings. I have foreseen great things in this child's future my lord and I can personally assure you that she will become one, if not the most powerful priestesses to ever be produced from our religion. In exchange for your generosity Jashin-sama, we offer you the blood of this small gathering of heathen nobility. Shall this not be enough, I will gladly offer my own blood as well not only to complete this exchange, but also as a sign of forgiveness my lord." The attending figure spoke in a low female voice.

The bound people looked at the figure as if she were insane. That was when the flames on some of the candles around the bed suddenly rose up. The flames merged together above the attendant and the expecting mother and formed a demonic face made of fire. The attendant and the cloaked figures all bowed down in respect. The pain that the expecting mother felt was temporarily forgotten. Unable to bow like the others, she bowed her head to show her respect.

"Welcome Jashin-sama. You honor us with your presence." The attendant said with a tone of respect.

"You may dispense with the pleasantries Kinaki." The flaming head of Jashin said, his voice sounded like rocks grinding together. He then looked at the ones who were bound and gagged. "The ones you intend to offer me may be heathens Kinaki, however they are of noble lineage and blood such as theirs is quite a commodity." Jashin said.

"I take it you are pleased with our offering my lord?" The attendant, Kinaki, replied.

"Yes." Jashin said as he looked over to the woman on the bed. "As for your request, I too have seen into the future of the child that is about to be born. And like you, I as well have seen great things in the future of the daughter of your daughter. She will indeed become one of the greatest high priestesses to come along in some time." Jashin's head turned to look back at the sacrificial ones. "This sacrifice seems more than satisfactory. As such, I shall bestow the child with the blessings that I only reserve for a very select few: immortality and blood sorcery."

"Jashin-sama I thank you." Kinaki said as she bowed again. "You shall not regret this."

"See to it that I do not." Jashin said. "Commence with the Ritual of the High Priestess."