Movie Review #4: Arrival (2016)

Arrival (2016)

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi

Plot Summary: Linguistics professor Louise Banks (Amy Adams) leads an elite team of investigators when gigantic spaceships touch down in 12 locations around the world. As nations teeter on the verge of global war, Banks and her crew must race against time to find a way to communicate with the extraterrestrial visitors. Hoping to unravel the mystery, she takes a chance that could threaten her life and quite possibly all of mankind.

Review: Arrival succeeded as a thought-provoking sci-fi film with complex narrative and brings an emotionally heartbreaking impact to its viewers. This is not your ordinary alien invasion film. In fact, it’s a complicated, beautiful and emotional alien invasion film I’ve ever seen. Amy Adams owns every scene she was in. Her performance was completely authentic and brilliant that it’s impossible not to love her in this film. The whole film was accompannied by Johann Johannsson’s beautifully haunting and dramatic musical score. The cinematography were impressive, the gloomy and cloudy atmosphere were chillingly stunning and Denis Villeneuve gave this film a brilliant direction it deserves.

Rating: 10/10 (Outstanding)