Chapter 5

August Alsina POV

"Yo' August man," a voice says with excitment.

"You gotta come down here to the studio."

Man I get a call at a bad time like a nigga was sound asleep and I get a call at twelve inna morning talkin' 'bout some come to the studio. C'mon man, I am tired as shit and I just want a nice long sleep. Not a call in the AM talking about getting up and coming anywhere.

"Hol' on, hol' up. What?" I yawn in the phone.

"You need to come on down to the studio August." Drumma Boy tells me.

"W-why," I say, yawning.

"Maybe hearing this will make you wanna come than August." He say before I start hearing my song play.

What the fuck?!

Nicki Minaj POV

I take a deep breath before I tell Drumma Boy what I need him to do. My head slouches a little bit then I bring my head back up with a slight nervous laugh. I flip and tuck my [real] hair behind my ears and give him eye contact. This is it Nicki, so no bullshit. I start reciting to myself.

"I need you to play a(n) instrumental part of August's song No Love so I can do my magic on it." I say, moving my hands from the opposites side down.

"Oh okay Nick. Sure, no problem. But, do August know 'bout it?" Drumma Boy asks.

That is a tough question to answer, due to the fact that he don't even know that I spent all day in the studio. Debating all by myself tryna figure out if I should go on and do a remix. Or nah. And, I chose to do it anyway. But, I'ma just talk myself 'round it anyway.

"Just start the track mane." I say, sassy.

"A'ight." He agrees.

I go in the booth, putting the headphones to cover my ears, I close my eyes and let out a deep sigh. I ain't even really have no lines to fo' anything wit' but three lines. I'ma just try anyway, closing my eyes and visually write lyrics down.  Drumma Boy starts the track and I start to move with the music slow. Rocking my head , up and down, feelin' each and every part of the beat.

[Intro: Nicki Minaj]

(Drumma Boy)

August

Young Money

I swear this is my favorite song (laughs)

I’m serious

....

August you know, I’m here to save you

Me and them girls, we ain’t the same boo

You know I hate it, when you leave me

Cause you love it then you leave it

But you know how bad I need it

You’re so fuckin’ conceited

Why you coming over weeded

[Verse 3: Nicki Minaj (August Alsina)]

You can’t treat me like you treat them

Yes, I am the crème de la crème

Yes I am from one to ten, ten

You fronting in them streets, keep saying we just friends

You can’t front like this ain’t way realer

I know you hard, I know that you a killer

I know you started off a dope dealer

But let your guard down, your niggas know you feel her, feel her

So what you want, baby?

(All I want is you)

(So what you trying to do?)

The beat continues when I stop, not even remembering what I really spat outta my mouth. I take the headphones off the same time the music stops, and I look straight at Drumma Boy and smile. Satisfied that I finally let it all out on a record, which, I know won't get out either way.

"How was it?" I ask him, nervously.

"That. Was. Hot. Nicki." Drumma Boy says.

"Come out so you can hear it yo'self."

August Alsina POV

I get a good listen on Nicki and she's a beast on it, she should do the remix wit' me. It's perfect. She's the something that will add more of that spark to the track. Wit' me singing and her singing and rapping is tight as shit.

I see that shit topping the hell out of the billboard charts, and, this will benefit both of us. I see it, I feel it, and I know it. I gotta get Nicki on the track , man.

I get up from out of my bed and get a my clothes from off of the flo' and put 'em back on. A girl name Bianca starts to move 'round in my bed. Some red bitch I slept wit' apparently. 

"Where you goin' August," she stretches and asks.

"I'm gon' to the studio. So, I see you when I see you." I said rushing to put back on my clothes.

"You know if you gon' leave then leave, but I'm out to August." Bianca shouts in anger.

"A'ight, whatever," I shurg before I head out the door.