Confusion [Editing]

Christian's P.O.V

I knew it was coming, I just never knew when. My mom slams papers down right in between Sammy and I on the table. As we read the first pamphlet my heart completely sank to the bottom of my stomach.

"Eton College. . ." Samantha mumbles out. "What is this?"

"A boarding school Samantha. For boys if you must know." My mouth drops at this as I see that timely smirk plastered on my mother's face. She slams down another rack of papers right beside her.

"Charter-house school, mom what is this?" I read the dread and panic clearly in my sister's eyes and voice.

"That's going to be your school honey. Any other questions?" She crosses both her arms and stares at us with a bored expression. Instead of looking at her, I pick up the papers in complete disbelief that this  is  happening. She's actually sending us away and not only that. . .but she's separating us as well.

"You can't do this!" I hear her squeaky voice say on the verge of tears.

"I very well can. I am your mother and I am in charge of your education. It seems to me public school is doing nothing but corrupting your young minds. I want you to prosper and flourish in a better, richer environment."

"That's bullshit and you know it!" I grab Samantha's hand and shake my head.

"Of course you're fine with these arrangements aren't you Christian? You and loving other boys." I hear the mockery and disgust in her voice making me narrow my eyes at her.

" You and that boy across the street. I can't believe you would disgrace me with such behavior! No child of mine will be living such a vulgar, immoral life inside this house! You just purposely do things to make me look bad don't you!?"

"I don't care what you think about us and my choices of who to be with." I say angrily.

"All those marks on your neck. . .coming home late. The latenesses and absences. Your father had to explain to me that, that young man over there is your boyfriend and the reason for all your past actions. Your boyfriend Christian?! That's disgusting! That boy school will teach you the proper way."

"Mom, this is a mistake. You can't just-"

"You're a mistake. Both of you are."

That hurt. Those words cut so deep I can almost feel it piercing my heart. I knew the day our father died so did our mother. But this is just too much. She mine as well have said she hated us, but calling us a mistake?

I nod at this trying to bite back all the sour, bitter feelings coming to the surface. "My husband dies, my son becomes gay, and my daughter is nothing but a filthy whore you would find on the street! ALL of this was a complete mistake!"

"Sorry that we're such a disappointment to you, but calling Sammy a whore is wrong. It's entirely uncalled for and you know it." I see the tears streaming down her face and try my best to calm her down before my mom can say anything else to completely hurt her already withering self-esteem.

"She's a skank and she knows it. The Charter-house school will be good for her. I don't need her to end up pregnant just to shame me more. As for you. . .well as for you that boyfriend of yours will no longer come and visit you. You are not allowed to speak to him and any further relations you have with him will only speed up your timely departure."

"I'm not breaking up with him."

She laughs." Oh you think this is a choice?"

". . ."

"Christian Alexei Adams you have no more choices! You're leaving and you're not coming back. I'm through with your mess as well as your sister's." She continues to glare at us as she swishes through the papers showing us the pictures of the boy's school I will be going to, making my eyes glisten with fresh tears.