Chapter 14

Zaya's p.ov

As promised Lexi did come as often as she could. I've known her for two weeks now and we spend hours together every time she visits. She's grown on me and I do consider her a friend already. I haven't seen my mate since that first encounter, and it does sadden me a bit that he hasn't come down again but Lexi makes it more bearable.

"He's not here." She says as if reading my thoughts, as she often does.

I try not to let my disappointment show. I blame it on Vera, before she could say anything I block her. "Where is he? Still in Germany?"

"No, he came back for one night then left to London for another pack. He's avoiding the both of us, since the first time." She says, a look of sympathy on her face.

"He should just reject me so we both can move on with our lives." I say in a flat tone. Pain shooting through me. I don't want him to reject me but it'll be better in the long run.

"Don't say that. He just has a hard time getting over the fact that you're a Lycan."

"Yeah we've all established that he hates me."

"Well if he would stop avoiding you and just talk to you then everything would be better." She mumbles.

"Why does he hate Lycans so much?" I ask out of curiosity.

She looks up at me. "I wish I could tell you, but that's his story to share. If and when he wants to."

"You're a good friend Lexi."

"Why thank you Zaya." She says in a joking manner before turning serious again. "You're a good person Zaya, I can feel it."

I laugh, not just laugh, but full out laughing with tears forming in my eyes. I look at her to see that she's looking at my funny and eventually I stop laughing. "Oh you're serious. I'm flattered that you think so, but I'm not. I did horrible things and I do horrible things, and I'll still do horrible things in the future. It's what we do, we have to." I say with a small shrug at the end.

"We all do bad things Zaya, no one is perfect. Do you think I haven't done bad things that I regret? Or Ezra?" She continues

"Not the amount that I have." I mumble softly.

I hear her sigh, then stand up. My eyes follow her movements and she looks down at me. "You know what I think?" She asks.

I shake my head while keeping my eyes on her. What is she up to now?

She looks down at me again, a teasing glint in her eyes. "I think that the stench of this cell, of you and prison food is affecting your way of reason." She teases.

"I smell fantastic thank you. This room does too and prison food is just bursting with flavour." I say back to her in a joking as well as a sarcastic way.

She laughs at me. "Aww you know I'm right Zaya."

"I know. " I say.

And she was right, this room had a terrible smell and I did too. I can shower twice a week, if I'm lucky. And it's not a luxurious shower, it's a prison shower. The food wasn't any better, I sometimes didn't even get a meal.

"Plus, you look horrible as well, I can't let Ezra see you like this." She continues.

"He's not even here." I say, reminding her of that fact.

"I know, which is exactly why I am able to do this." She looks super mischievous right now and I have no idea what's going on.

"What are you up to Lexi?" I wonder out loud, trying to figure out what she's doing. She heads towards the door and opens it. Oh.