Chapter 30

Something... Smells... Amazing.

Food. Yep. That's definitely food.

At the thought of food, my stomach automatically growls. I groan and roll over in the huge and comfy bed of my mate.

Ugh. Nope. I'm not moving right now. As hungry as I am, it can wait. This is wayyyy too comfortable. Plus my mate is still next to me, his arms lazily wrapped around my waist. His scent making me debate how important food really is. My stomach growls again.

Food...

But staying comfortable...

As if sensing my debate, Ezra's arm tightens around me, pulling me even closer to his chest. Oh well, now I really can't go anywhere. What a shame. I try my best to keep still, I really do, but I'm at a slightly odd angle. I wiggle around a bit to try and make myself more comfortable, occasionally brushing against Ezra.

"Please try and stay still." Ezra says from behind me, his voice sounds strained and I can feel his muscles working. I wanted to be a pain and not listen to him and so I didn't. Too late realising why he asked me to keep still. The effect I had on him.

He growled lowly and in a flash he was on top of me, looking down at me. His eyes were hooded and dark, he's slightly struggling against his wolf but I can tell he's in control.

"You just can't listen can you?" He says with amusement in his voice.

"Nope." I giggle and try to wiggle free, momentarily forgetting that that's what got me here in the first place.

Ezra grunts, visibly swallows and clenched his perfect jaw. "I have a lot of control over my wolf but you're making it extremely difficult here." He says in a husky voice, still strained.

His eyes briefly flash a dangerous golden colour before returning to his hypnotic blue colour. My eyes widen a bit. His arms are next to my head, supporting his weight so that he doesn't crush me. Then a devilish idea pops into my head and Vera is immediately all in on this one.

I flip us around so that I'm now straddling him. He seems a bit surprised but doesn't complain either. My hands travel over his chest to his neck, ever so slowly I lean my head towards his. His eyes watch me carefully and they darken with every move. I put my head in the crook of his neck and inhale his scent deeply, trailing light kisses up and down his neck. My lips barely make contact with his skin before moving to the next spot.

He growls at that and wants to pull my face to his but I immediately pull away when he tries to do it. He gives me a confused look.

"I'm in control right now." I say huskily. It seems to drive him and his wolf crazy. Ezra nods, his eyes dark, mixed with a bit of gold to show that his wolf is also coming for the show. I continue with my previous actions towards his mark. I kiss his mark and bite the skin slightly, sending shivers through him.

He growls lowly and takes a deep breath through his nose. I can feel my effects on him and he's growing excited. Vera smirks in my mind and I smirk against his skin as well. He closes his eyes in effort to control himself.

Now or never.

In a flash I was gone and ducked into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. He's so going to kill me for this. I hear him growl in frustration and I chuckle to myself.

Mission complete.

"You are such a tease." He growls again. "You're going to be the death of me if you keep doing that." He says from just outside the door.

"Go take a cold shower you horny Alpha!" I snickered.

He groans and sighs. "You'll pay for that little stunt." I can practically hear the smirk in his voice. I hear the door open and close again.