29

Mackenzie nearly threw up when her mother told her to stop at the 24-hour Walgreens late at night. It was probably around 11. Johnny had already started his shift, she knew it.

"But, mom-"

"Mackenzie, please just go. I need that good good real quick."

"Mom... you want me to get drugs-"

"My medicine from the PHARMACY, Mackenzie."

"Okay, sorry, jeez." Mackenzie sighed, slipping her shoes on her shoes and sighing deeply.

What would she do when she saw Johnny? She wasn't going to break down, crying. She was kind of over that, although she did miss him... a lot. She broke up with him after all, and he wasn't caught cheating, or anything of that nature. Mackenzie understands why he felt the need to lie, but if he wanted to be in a serious relationship with her, he would have to meet her expectations, and he didn't do that. She told him she hated lying, he knew how she felt about keeping secrets due to her previous relationship, and he did it anyway.

Mackenzie was more hurt about the fact that he believed she wouldn't understand him. That despite being his girlfriend, she would just shut him out and never speak to him again because of his past mistakes. He had it all wrong.

Mackenzie walked into the Walgreens, spotting Johnny almost immediately and speeding up. She walked to the back of the store, approaching the pharmacy.

She was shot done once she saw a 'CLOSED' sign in front of the empty counter.

"Mackenzie?" She heard a voice call from behind her, "I haven't seen you here since you dropped Johnny on his ass."

Mackenzie sighed, "I just needed to pick up my mom's medicine... I'm leaving, now..." She started to walk towards the entrance before being stopped by Johnny.

"Mackenzie... what're you-"

"I was just- um, leaving." She quickly said, putting her her head down as she began to rush out the door.

"Mackenzie, wait, please!"

men ain't shit haan 🤣