Going to Mercury

The view from the tower was certainly beautiful during this time of day. With the view of the city that shines brightly from within the night, the Traveler hovering above it in the air and the starry night shining above in the sky, it was perfect. Especially for a certain Guardian.

Sitting on the ledge of a platform that overlooked the city was a Hunter-Classed Guardian dawned in blue, black and gray armor with his helmet, The Knucklehead Radar, resting by his side showing that he had long, messy blue hair, bright blue eyes and rosy skin, with a few scars that he had gained through the missions that he partaken in.

With a calm smile on his face, the Guardian sat in silence as he enjoyed the scenery in front of him, enjoying the peace and quiet that surrounded him as he can feel a gentle breeze blow through his hair. As he was taking in the view in front of him he noticed a flicker out of the corner of his eye and heard a familiar voice.

"Enjoying the view, Marcus?" A voice asked. The Guardian then looked over at the source of the voice and saw his ghost floating by his side, seeing the different look it had gained since they first found each other. Its coloring was now gray and blue and, while maintaining its three-dimensional star shape and blue optic eye, now had four spines on its shell giving it a unique look. Not as unique as the shells the other Guardians have, but the Hunter was fine with the shell he has now.

"I'm pretty sure you already know my answer." Marcus said to his Ghost with a soft grin causing it to let out a soft chuckle in response.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. But it doesn't hurt to ask now, does it?" Ghost remarked at Marcus causing the Hunter to also let out a soft chuckle.

"Fair enough." Marcus said to the Ghost with a smile before he looked back at the view of the city with the Ghost then looking at it with him. "Hard to believe it's already been three years since I've become a Guardian. Feels like it's only been yesterday." Marcus said after a moment of silence between the two.

"I know what you mean." Ghost said to Marcus. "Time does usually go by quickly whenever someone has a life as eventful as ours."

"Heh. True." Marcus said to Ghost with another soft chuckle. "Though, I can't help but miss the old days." He said softly as he looked up at the sky. "Destroying the Black Heart, slaying Crota, capturing Skolas for Queen Mara, defeating Oryx, containing Siva. I just cant help but wish I can experience all that all over again."

"But don't you still have the recordings of those battles? Why not just simply watch them again?" Ghost asked Marcus as it looked over at the Hunter in confusion.

"While I do have them, I think actually experiencing them again is a lot better than just simply watching an old recording of said events." Marcus said to his Ghost as he looked back at it.

"Oh. Fair enough, I guess." Ghost responded back to him, now feeling a bit awkward causing Marcus to chuckle softly once more. He then looks back at the city as silence filled the area between the two again.

"...Hey Marcus." Ghost said to the Hunter causing him to look over at him. "Considering how massive the Galaxy is, and how we constantly have to deal with creatures that wish to destroy what's left of humanity... you ever wonder what we might face next?" It asked him.

That caused Marcus to place a hand on his chin as he thought about it. "I have... though, I learned that it's best to keep an open mind about who we might fight next and to always be ready for anything. Otherwise, you'll only set yourself up for disappointment... and death." He said to Ghost before shaking his head. "But now's not the time for those kind of thoughts. Now's the time to relax."